- The Intermediate Digital Electronics Kit has been designed to give students and enthusiaists an enhanced experience of the world of digital electronics.
- This kit consists of logic gate ICs, LEDs and buttons to allow you to create circuits and understand their working.
- This will help you learn the basic as well as higher level concepts of combinational circuits to build circuits such as flip flops, shift registers, multiplexers and demultiplexers.
- Along with the components, an Intermediate Digital Electronics Manual is also included to guide you through the concepts and the various experiments possible using the included components.
The Intermediate Digital Electronics kit consists of a plethora of logic gate ICs along with buttons and LEDs which can be used to give input to the gates and visualize their outputs.
Note: The package dimensions are 22x15cms and weghs about 50 grams.
|Bread Board - Full Size||1|
|7400 Quad 2 input NAND gates||2|
|7402 Quad 2 input NOR gates||2|
|7404 Hex NOT gates (Inverters)||2|
|7408 Quad 2 input AND gates||1|
|7411 IC – triple 3-input AND gate||2|
|7432 Quad 2 input OR gates||1|
|7486 Quad 2 input XOR gates||1|
|747266 Quad 2 input XNOR gates||1|
|Breadboard Power Supply||1|
|DC barrel jack||1|
|Micro push button||8|
|220 ohm resistor||13|
Applications of this kit
The Intermediate Digital Electronics kit can be used to build various combinational circuits such as flip flops, shift register, mux and demux circuits and many more.
Building a 1:4 De-Multiplexer
De-Multiplexer means one to many. A demultiplexer is a circuit with one input and many output. By applying control signal, we can steer any input to the output
- Breadboard Power Supply
- 9V Battery
- DC Barrel Jack
- 7411 IC – Triple 3-input AND gate
- 7404 Hex NOT gates (Inverters)
- Jumper Wires
The 1-to-4 demultiplexer has 1 input bit, 2 control bits, and 4 output bits. The circuit diagram of a 1-to-4 demultiplexer is shown in figure below.
The input bit is labelled as Data D. This data bit is transmitted to the data bit of the output lines. This depends on the value of AB, the control input.
When AB = 01, the upper second AND gate is enabled while other AND gates are disabled. Therefore, only data bit D is transmitted to the output, giving Y1 = Data.
If D is low, Y1 is low. IF D is high,Y1 is high. The value of Y1 depends upon the value of D. All other outputs are in low state.
If the control input is changed to AB = 10, all the gates are disabled except the third AND gate from the top. Then, D is transmitted only to the Y2 output, and Y2 = Data.
Applications of Multiplexer include communications systems, ALU, computer memory, serial to parallel converter, etc.