Found a better price?
Let us know!
We'll try to match the price for you
FTDI FT232RL 3.3-5.5V USB to TTL Converter
TheFT232RL Breakout Board Mini USB to TTL Converter is a great TTL converter for board compatible with Arduino. It uses a chipset Ft232rl USB power which has over current protection. It uses 500ma Self-Restore Fuse and is integrated with Rxd/Txd Transceiver Communication Indicator.
The FTDI FT232RL features fully integrated USB terminator. Fully integrated clock generation that does not require an external crystal, plus optional clock output selection that allows seamless interfacing to an external MCU or FPGA. Data transfer rate from 300 baud to 3 Mbaud (RS422, RS485, RS232) at TTL level. A 128-byte receive buffer and a 256-byte transmit buffer (with buffer smoothing technology) provide high data throughput.
- 1 x FTDI 232 Mini USB to TTL Converter
|Model||FTDI 232 Mini USB to TTL Converter|
|Supportable Devices||3.3V, 5V devices|
1. What is FTDI Module?
- The FTDI chip usually refers to one of FTDI's USB-to-Serial chips. FTDI modules makes more than just ‘FTDI Serial to USB converter’ converters, but their USB-to-serial chips are fairly popular and are used in many development boards, including Arduino boards. We develop and support devices and associated cables and software drivers to convert RS-232 or TTL serial transmissions to and from USB signals and to support legacy devices in modern computers.
2. What is FT232RL used for?
- The FT232R is a USB to serial UART interface and a great way to add USB functionality to your microcontroller. USB to TTL serial adapters are useful for programming microprocessors such as ARMs and AVRs, working with computer hardware such as routers and switches, serial communication with many devices such as GPS devices, and the Raspberry Pi.
3. What is FTDI FT232RL?
- FT232RL is an interface IC from USB to serial UART. The entire USB protocol is handled on chip. No additional USB-specific firmware programming is required. It is fully integrated with a 1024-bit EEPROM that stores device descriptors and CBUS I/O configuration. The FT232R is a great option for adding USB functionality to your microcontroller. FTDI 232 USB to serial drivers are ideal for many applications such as programming microprocessors such as ARM, AVR, etc.