Found a better price?
Let us know!
We'll try to match the price for you
DS3231 Real Time Clock Memory Module with Battery
DS3231 is a low-cost, extremely accurate I2C real-time clock (RTC), with an integrated temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO) and crystal. Real-time clock generator seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month and year timing and provide valid until the year 2100 leap year compensation DS3231 available in commercial and industrial temperature ranges, using a 16-pin 300mil SO package.
DS3231 RTC is a Precise Real-Time Clock Module with 32Kbit EEPROM and a built-in 10-bit temperature sensor having a resolution of 0.25C.
The integration of the crystal resonator enhances the long-term accuracy of the device as well as reduces the piece-part count in a manufacturing line. The ds3231 Arduino is available in commercial and industrial temperature ranges and is offered in a 16-pin, 300-mil SO package.
- Computer Peripherals
- GPS Modules
- Utility power meters
- 1 x DS3231 Real Time Clock Memory Module
|Operating Voltage (VDC)||2.7 ~ 5.5|
|Voltage Supply for RTC||2.2 V ~ 5.5 V|
|Battery Holder||2032 Coin Battery|
|I2C interface||Fast (400kHz) I2C Interface.|
|Time and Date Format||
Time: HH: MM: SS (12/24 hr).
Date Format: YY-MM-DD-dd.
|Dimensions in mm (LxWxH)||38 x 22 x 14|
1. What is a DS3231 RTC module?
- The DS3231 RTC Module is a low-cost I2C real-time clock (RTC) with an integrated temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO) and crystal. The RTC keeps track of seconds, minutes, hours, days, dates, months, and years.
2. Which RTC module is best?
- The DS3231 is a low-cost, extremely accurate I2C real-time clock (RTC) with a temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO) and crystal integrated. The DS3231 real-time clock generator provides seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month, and year timing and is available in commercial and industrial temperature ranges, using a 16-pin 300mil SO package.
3. How do I set the time on my RTC module?
- Connect your Arduino to your computer, then launch the Arduino IDE and select the SetTime sketch from the File->Examples->DS3231 RTC->SetTime menu. Open the Serial Window and ensure that the baud rate is set to 9600. If everything goes as planned, you should see a success message.
4. How does the DS3231 work?
- The DS3231 is a real-time clock (RTC) with a temperature compensated crystal oscillator integrated. It consists of a battery that powers the DS3231 when the main power is turned off. As a result, it can continue to function normally. It comes in both industrial and commercial temperature ranges.
5. What is the difference between DS1307 and DS3231?
- The main difference between the DS3231 and DS1370 is the accuracy of time-keeping:-
- The DS1307 includes an external 32kHz crystal for timekeeping, the frequency of which is easily affected by external temperature. This usually results in the clock being off by five minutes or so per month.
- The DS3231 is much more accurate because it has an internal Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) that is unaffected by temperature, allowing it to be accurate to a few minutes per year at most.
6. Does RTC need a battery?
- A real-time clock is similar to a watch in that it runs on a battery and keeps time for you even when the power goes out! You can keep track of long timelines with an RTC even if you reprogram your microcontroller or disconnect it from a USB or power plug.