4 in 1 Dot Matrix Module (MAX7219)
The MAX7219 Dot Led Matrix Module is a serial input common-cathode driver that interfaces micro-controllers to LED matrices. All common micro-controllers can be connected to this module by using a 4-wire serial interface. Each output can be addressed without refreshing the entire display. This module requires only 3 I/O lines for driving the display, making it ideal for your microcontroller projects. Only one external register is used to set the segment current of each LED.
A single module can drive an 8x8 dot matrix common cathode Operating Voltage: 5V Dimensions: 12.8X12.8X1.3cm Fixing screws with 64 holes with a diameter of 3mm.
A convenient four-wire serial interface can be connected to all general-purpose microprocessors. Each data can be addressed in the update do not need to rewrite all of the display. MAX7219 also allows each user to select a data coding or non-coding. The entire device contains a 150μA low-power shutdown mode, analog, and digital brightness control, a scan-limit register that allows the user to display data bits 1-8, and one for all LED luminescence detection modes.
- The left side of the module to the input port, the right to an output port
- When the control of a single module, simply input port connected to the CPU
- When a plurality of cascaded modules, input and output termination CPU, an input terminal of the second output end of the first module a module, the first two modules of the input terminal of the three termination modules, and so on.
- 1 x 4-in-1 Dot LED Matrix Module
- 1 x Connecting Wire
|Max. Operating Current||320mA|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a MAX7219 module?
- The MAX7219 Dot Led Matrix Module is a serial input common-cathode driver that interfaces micro-controllers to LED matrices. All common micro-controllers can be connected to this module by using a 4-wire serial interface. Each output can be addressed without refreshing the entire display. This module requires only 3 I/O lines for driving the display, making it ideal for your microcontroller projects.
2. What is a matrix LED display?
- "Dot Matrix" is a unique category of LED Displays and is also found in LCD and OLED products. The concept of LED Dot Matrix Display is the same as LCD Dot Matrix and OLED Dot Matrix. It is able to show characters, numbers, or graphics by lighting up different pixels(dots) of a Display.
3. How does a dot matrix display work?
- Dot matrix display is manufactured in various dimensions. Arrangement of LEDs in the matrix pattern is made in either of the two ways: Row anode-column cathode or Row cathode-column anode. By using this dot matrix display we can reduce the number of pins required for controlling all the LEDs.
4. How do I connect a dot matrix to Arduino?
- To connect the Dot Matrix to Arduino, simply connect the Vcc and GND pins of the Dot Matrix to 5V and GND on the Arduino and the DIN, CS, and CLK pins of the Dot Matrix to any digital pins on the Arduino.