- Provides an easy interface to configure XBee Modules using Digi's X-CTU software.
- Converts XBee 2mm pin spacing to 0.100" pin spacing.
- 4 status indicator LEDs for Power, RSSI, Associate and mode (sleep/ON).
- Provides easy pluggable wire or solder connections.
- Includes mounting holes.
- Pin-out compatible with our other XBee Adapter boards.
- Partially assembled kit form for flexible configuration.
XBEE USB Explorer
This is a simple to use, USB to serial base unit for the Digi XBee line. This unit works with all XBee modules including the Series 1 and Series 2.5, standard and Pro version. Plug the unit into the XBee Explorer, attach a mini USB cable, and you will have direct access to the serial and programming pins on the XBee unit. The input and output pins of this board have headers which are easily compatible with breadboard.
What’s different – Used to connect Xbee through USB or Serial communication
The highlight of this board is an FT231X USB-to-Serial converter. That’s what translates data between your computer and the XBee. There’s also a reset button, and a voltage regulator to supply the XBee with plenty of power. In addition, there are four LEDs that’ll help if you ever need to debug your XBee: RX, TX, RSSI (signal-strength indicator), and power indicator.
This board also breaks out each of the XBee’s I/O pins to a pair of breadboard-compatible headers. So if you want to make use of the XBee’s extended functionality, you can solder some header pins into those, or even just solder some wire.
- 1 x XBEE USB Explorer
|Communication||Serial pass-through to XBee module/USB to Host PC|
|Operating temp range||-40 to +158F (-40 to +70C)|
|Dimensions||38.3 x 25.6 x 14.8 mm|