- It provides clock pulses of 8 Mhz frequency.
- The 8 Mhz Oscillator can be used as UART clock (6×1.8432 MHz).
- It allows integer division to common baud rates (96×115200 baud or 96×96×1,200 baud).
- The oscillator is a common clock for AVR microcontroller.
8MHz Crystal Oscillator - (Pack of 5)
The 8 MHz crystal oscillator circuit sustains oscillation by taking a voltage signal from the quartz resonator, amplifying it, and feeding it back to the resonator. It provides clock pulses of 8 MHz frequency. The popularity of the crystals is due to the low cost.
How are crystal oscillators useful?
One of the most important traits of the crystal oscillator is that it exhibits very low phase noise. In the crystal oscillator, the crystal mostly vibrates in one axis, therefore only one phase is dominant. This property of low phase noise makes them particularly useful in telecommunications where stable signals are needed, and in scientific equipment where very precise time references are needed. The result is that a quartz crystal behaves like a circuit composed of an inductor, capacitor and resistor, with a precise resonant frequency.
- 5 x 8MHz Crystal Oscillator
|Operating Temperature Range||-10°C to +60°C|
|Dimensions||10 x 4.4 x 3.3(mm)|