Found a better price?
Let us know!
We'll try to match the price for you
100A YHDC Non-invasive AC Current Sensor
The YHDC SCT-013-000 is a non-invasive AC Current Sensor. This means that the non-invasive AC current sensor is a current transformer that can be used to measure AC current up to 100 amperes.
This is SCT 013 000 100A Non-invasive AC Current Sensor Split Core Type Clamp Meter Sensor. SCT-013-000 is a Non-Invasive AC sensor i.e., it is a current transformer that can be used to measure AC up to 100 amperes. This Current sensor comes with good quality Current transformers (CTs) are sensors for measuring alternating current. They are particularly useful for measuring whole building electricity consumption (or generation for that matter). The split-core type such as the SCT-013-000 CT in the picture is particularly suitable for DIY use. Clip this SCT 013 000 straight onto either the live or neutral wire coming into the building without having to do any high voltage electrical work.
Current Transformer sensors can be used to measure the building's electricity consumption. These transformers have a primary winding, magnetic core, and secondary winding. The secondary winding comprises many turns of fine wire housed within the casing of the transformer.
- The AC current sensor is perfect for current measuring.
- It helps in monitoring and protecting Motors.
- It can be used in lighting equipment and air compressor.
- 1 x 100A YHDC Non-invasive AC Current Sensor
|Max. Input (A)||40|
|Rated output (V)||1|
|Frequency range||50Hz – 1KHz|
|Dimensions||6 x 3.4 x 2cms|
1. What are the applications of Non-invasive AC Current Sensor?
- SCT-013-000 Non-Invasive AC Current Sensor Split Core Transformer 100A Used for Current Measurement, Monitoring and Protection of AC Motors, Lighting Equipment, Air Compressors, etc. SCT-013-000 Non-Invasive AC Current Sensor Opens and Closes 1000 Times Greater than or equal to (tested at 20°C). This AC current sensor is specifically used to measure the consumption or generation of AC current throughout a building. This split core transformer is especially suitable for DIY and works well with Arduino, ESP32, Node MCU and Raspberry Pi. You can use it to build your own energy monitor to reduce power consumption, or you can use it to build an overcurrent protection device for AC loads.
2. What is a SCT-013-000 Non-invasive AC Current Sensor Split Core Transformer?
- SCT-013-000 Non-invasive AC Current Sensor Split Core Transformer is an ac current sensor that has no internal burden resistor, but a transient voltage suppressor limits the output voltage in the event of accidental disconnection from the burden. It is capable of developing sufficient voltage to fully drive a 5v input. The non-invasive current sensor clamped around the supply line can measure a load up to 100 Amps, and allow you to calculate how much current pass through it.
3. How to connect a Non-invasive AC Current Sensor Split Core Transformer to Arduino?
- Connecting a Split core transformer to Arduino: