HC-SR505 Mini PIR Motion Sensor
HC-SR505 Mini Infrared PIR Motion Sensor Infrared Detector Module is based on infrared technology, It automatically controls the products with high sensitivity, high reliability, ultra-small size, and ultra-low-voltage operation mode.
The device works based on infrared technology and it can automatically control by itself with high sensitivity and high reliability. Because of the minimum size and low-power operation mode, it is widely used in battery-powered applications.
The module is basically used in applications where you want to detect the motion of a body which emits infrared radiations. HC-SR505 is preferred to be used in battery operated systems since the device is specifically designed to be operated by consuming very less power. Because of its small size the module can be installed in applications where the system size is taken in to consideration.
It is widely used in various auto-sensing of electrical equipment, especially battery-powered automatic control products.
- Body induction lamps.
- Body sensors toys.
- Security Products.
- Industrial automation and control.
- Auto-sensing of electrical equipment.
- Battery-powered automatic control.
Package Includes :
- 1 x HC-SR505 Mini Infrared PIR Motion Sensor Precise Infrared Detector Module.
|Operating Voltage||4.5 ~ 20V|
|Average Current Consumption||0.06mA|
|Distance Measuring Range||10-300cms|
|Dimensions||10 x 23 x 5 mm|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is an HCSR505 PIR Sensor?
- HC-SR505 is mini PIR (Passive Infra Red) motion sensor module, which as the name implies used for detecting the motion of a body in front of it. The device works based on infrared technology and it can automatic control by itself with high sensitivity and high reliability. Because of the minimum size and low-power operation mode, it widely used in battery-powered applications.
2. How does this sensor work?
- For instance consider the module is powered and the lens of device is facing a solid wall. Under such case the sensor does not detect any IR (Infra Red) radiation change from the wall and it will provide LOW at the output pin. So when the device is faced solid walls and unmoving things the output will be LOW and the LED will be OFF.
Now if a human or a dog passes through its detecting area opposite to its lens, the module will detect the change in the IR radiation (as the living body emits IR radiation) and as a response provides HIGH logic at the output pin. So when the device detects a living body or IR emitting things the output will be HIGH and the LED will get turned ON.
3. What is the difference between PIR and IR Sensor?
- The IR sensors detect whether the light from the transmitter is emitted by an object or a person. Whereas, the PIR sensors detect changes in the levels of energy around the area.
If the PIR sensor is installed towards the changing environment, it may let off a false alarm due to the change in the way the air flows; however, IR sensors must be installed facing the motion.
IR sensors are usually only installed on the outside of properties, whereas PIR sensors are usually installed inside.
PIR sensors don't actually emit the infrared; objects give the sensor infrared rays. This differs from IR sensors, which do actually infrared.