- Serial data input
- Active parallel output
- Storage register capability
- Master clear
- Can function as demultiplexer
- Standardized, symmetrical output characteristics
- 100% tested for quiescent current at 20 V
- Maximum input current of 1 uA at 18 V over full package-temperature range; 100 nA at 18 V and 25°C
- Noise margin (full package-temperature range) =
1 V at VDD = 5 V
2 V at VDD = 10 V
2.5 V at VDD = 15 V
- 5-V, 10-V, and 15-V parametric ratings
- Meets all requirements of JEDEC Tentative Standard No. 13B, "Standard Specifications for Description of ’B’ Series CMOS Devices"
8 bit Addressable Latch IC - CD4099
CD4099 8-bit addressable latch is a serial-input, parallel-output storage register that can perform a variety of functions.
Data are inputted to a particular bit in the latch when that bit is addressed (by means of input A0, A1, A2) and when WRITE DISABLE is at a low level. When WRITE DISABLE is high, data entry is inhibited; however, all 8 outputs can be continuously read independently of WRITE DISABLE and address inputs.
A master RESET input is available, which resets all bits to a logic "0" level when RESET and WRITE DISABLE is at a high level. When RESET is at a high level, and WRITE RESET is at a low level, the latch acts as a 1-of-8 demultiplexer; the bit that is addressed has an active output that follows the data input, while all unaddressed bits are held to a logic "0" level.
The CD4099 types are supplied in 16-lead hermetic dual-in-line ceramic packages (F3A suffix), 16-lead dual-in-line plastic package (E suffix), 16-lead small-outline package (M, M96, MT, and NSR suffixes), and 16-lead thin shrink small-outline packages (PW and PWR suffixes).
- Multi-line decoders
- A/D converters
Selected qty of IC - CD4099
|VCC (Min) (V)||3|
|VCC (Max) (V)||18|
|Voltage (Nom) (V)||10|
|F @ nom voltage (Max) (MHz)||8|
|ICC @ nom voltage (Max) (mA)||0.3|
|tpd @ nom Voltage (Max) (ns)||150|
|IOL (Max) (mA)||1.5|
|IOH (Max) (mA)||-1.5|
|Operating temperature range (C)||-55 to 125|