Found a better price?
Let us know!
We'll try to match the price for you
KY-036 Metal Touch Sensor
The KY-036 Touch Sensor Module utilizes a floating lead on a Darlington transistor to detect a touch. There are 2 LEDs on-board. A red LED lights when power is applied. A green or red LED lights when a touch is detected.
It's a simple module that can be easily integrated into a circuit, it can be connected to an MCU (microcontroller unit) using just three pins: VCC, GND and Signal. The signal pin goes high when the sensor is touched and goes low when the touch is removed. It can be used in a variety of applications where touch sensing is required such as buttons, touchscreens, and other human-machine interfaces.
- 1 x KY-036 Metal Touch Sensor Module
|Pin Connector to board||4 Pins|
|Dimensions||4.3 x 1.6 x 1.5cms|
1.What is the principle of operation of the KY-036 sensor?
- The KY-036 is a metal touch sensor module which is a type of capacitive touch sensor. It detects changes in capacitance caused by a person's finger or other metal object coming into proximity of the sensor.
2.How many pins does the KY-036 have and what are they used for?
- The KY-036 has three pins, VCC, GND and Signal. The VCC and GND pins provide power to the module, and the signal pin is used to output a signal when the sensor is touched.
3.What kind of interface does the KY-036 use to communicate with other devices?
- The KY-036 does not use a specific interface like I2C or SPI to communicate with other devices. It uses the signal pin to output a digital signal (high or low) when the sensor is touched.
4.What are some common applications for the KY-036 metal touch sensor?
- The KY-036 metal touch sensor can be used in a variety of applications where touch sensing is required such as buttons, touchscreens, and other human-machine interfaces, it can also be used in other applications that require the detection of touch or proximity.