TTP223 Touch Switch Module
The TTP223 Touch Key Module is based on a touch-sensing IC (TTP223) capacitive touch switch module. A capacitive touch sensor module based on the dedicated TTP223 touch sensor IC. The module provides a single integrated touch sensing area of 11 x 10.5mm with a sensor range of ~5mm.
An onboard LED will give a visual indication of when the sensor is triggered. When triggered the output of the module will switch from its idle low state to high (default operation). Solder jumpers allow for reconfiguring its mode of operation to be either active low or toggle output.
TTP223 Capacitive Touch Sensor Module. The TTP223 is a touchpad detector IC replicating a single tactile button.
The TTP223 is a touchpad detector IC replicating a single tactile button. This touch detection IC is designed for replacing traditional direct button key with diverse pad size.
Trigger-setting mode: (1- > Short ; 0- > No Short):
AB=00: No-lock High TTL level output;
AB=01: Self-lock High TTL level output;
AB=10: No-lock Low TTL level output;
AB=11: Self-lock Low TTL level output;
- Supports momentary or latching/toggle modes.
- Supports Active High or Active Low output signal modes.
- Input Voltage : 2 Volt – 5.5 Volts DC.
- The response time max ~ 60mS in fast mode, ~220mS at low power mode @VDD=3V.
- Sensitivity can adjust by the capacitance(0~50pF).
- Have two kinds of sampling length by pad option(SLRFTB pin).
- Stable touching detection of the human body for replacing traditional direct switch key.
- Provides Fast mode and Low Power mode selection by pad option(LPMB pin).
- Provides direct mode、toggle mode by pad option(TOG pin).
- Open drain mode by bonding option, OPDO pin is open drain output, Q pin is CMOS output.
- All output modes can be selected active high or active low by pad option(AHLB pin).
- Have the maximum on time 100sec by pad option(MOTB pin).
- Have external power-on reset pin(RST pin).
- After power-on have about 0.5sec stable-time, during the time do not touch the keypad, and the function is disabled.
- Auto calibration.
- Re-calibration period is about 4.0 sec when the key has not be touched.
- 1 x TTP223 Touch Switch Module
|Operating Voltage||2.5 ~ 5(VDC)|
|Response time max||60mS|
|Re-calibration period||4.0 seconds|
|Dimensions||1.4 x 1 x 2cms|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a TTP223 touch sensor?
- The TTP223 is a touchpad detector integrated circuit that emulates a single tactile button. The TTP223 is a touchpad detector integrated circuit that emulates a single tactile button. This touch detection IC is intended to replace traditional direct button keys with a variety of pad sizes.
2. What are the features of the TTP223 touch sensor?
- The module has a single integrated touch sensing area measuring 11 x 10.5mm and a sensor range of 5mm. When the sensor is triggered, an onboard LED will provide a visual indication. When triggered, the module's output will transition from low to high (default operation). Solder jumpers allow you to change the mode of operation from active low to toggle output. The TTP223 is a touchpad detector integrated circuit that emulates a single tactile button. This touch detection IC is intended to replace traditional direct button keys with a variety of pad sizes.
3. How does the touch switch work?
- The switch operates based on body capacitance, a property of the human body that provides it with excellent electrical properties. To detect changes in capacitance, the switch continuously charges and discharges its metal exterior. When a person touches it, their body capacitance increases, triggering the switch.