Found a better price?
Let us know!
We'll try to match the price for you
Crocodile Alligator Clip 50 mm- Red
A clip (also alligator clip or spring clip) is a simple mechanical device for creating a temporary electrical connection and is named for its resemblance to an alligator or crocodile's jaws.
Functioning much like a spring-loaded clothespin, the clips tapered, serrated jaws are forced together by a spring to grip an object. When manufactured for electronics testing and evaluation, one jaw of the clip is typically permanently crimped or soldered to a wire or is bent to form the inner tubular contact of a15 mm ~ 4 mm female banana jack, enabling the quick non-permanent connection between a circuit under test and laboratory equipment or to another electrical circuit. The clip is typically covered by a plastic shroud or "boot" to prevent accidental short-circuits.
- Small versions, ranging in size from 15 mm – 40 mm in length, are used in electrical laboratory work and school, and college labs.
- Large versions of these clips, called automotive clips or battery clamps, are made of solid copper for low electrical resistance, are used with thick insulated copper cables to make connections between automobile batteries.
- 1 x Crocodile Alligator Clip 50 mm- Red
1. What is the difference between alligator and crocodile clips?
- To clarify, there does not seem to be any consistent differentiation between the two terms. Alligator clips and Crocodile clips are the same things, and using either term is correct, and most people will know what you are talking about if you use either term.
2. How many amps can alligator clips handle?
- These alligator clips or alligator clamps can be used for home or workshop applications. Alligator clips are rated up to 10 amps, and are perfect as battery alligator clamps for charging small vehicle batteries or for making jumper and text wires.
3. Where can the crocodile alligator clip 50 mm be used?
- A clip (also alligator clip or spring clip) is a simple mechanical device used to make a temporary electrical connection that is named after the jaws of an alligator or crocodile. The Crocodile Alligator Clip 50 mm are used in electrical laboratory work and school, and college labs.