Found a better price?
Let us know!
BC548 NPN Transistor (Pack of 5)
A BC548 transistor is a negative-positive-negative (NPN) transistor that is used for many purposes. Together with other electronic components, such as resistors, coils, and capacitors, it can be used as the active component for switches and amplifiers. Like all other NPN transistors, this type has an emitter terminal, a base or control terminal, and a collector terminal.
In a typical configuration, the current flowing from the base to the emitter controls the collector current. A short vertical line, which is the base, can indicate the transistor schematic for an NPN transistor, and the emitter, which is a diagonal line connecting to the base, is an arrowhead pointing away from the base.
- 5 x BC548 NPN Transistor
|Collector-Base Voltage (VCBO)||30VDC|
|Emitter-Base Voltage (VEBO)||6VDC|
|Continuous Collector Current (IC)||100mA|
|Output Capacitance (Cobo)||4.5pF|
|Transition Frequency (fT)||300MHz|
|Power Dissipation (PD)||625mW|
|Dimensions||5 x 4 x 3cms|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is transistor BC548?
- BC548 transistor is a NPN bipolar junction transistor in which the collector and emitter are open when the base pin is at ground and will get closed when a signal is provided to base pin.
2. What is the difference between BC547 and BC548?
- Bc547 transistor have Collector-Emitter Voltage of 50V while BC548 has 30V. BC547 have 100mA Collector Current rating whereas BC548 has 100mA. The DC Current Gain of BC548 and BC548 ranges from 110 To 800 hFE.
3. Is NPN a BC548?
- A BC548 transistor is a multipurpose negative-positive-negative (NPN) transistor.
4. How do I use BC548 as a switch?
- High value current can be given at the base of the transistor, which will makes a path for the collector current to go through the base towards the emitter. Transistor can be used as a switch if driven into the saturation region with enough base current.