Waterproof Ultrasonic Sensor
This Waterproof ultrasonic sensor is very similar to the Ultrasonic sensor which is found in cars. This Waterproof Ultrasonic Obstacle Sensor shows some important constructional advantages over the conventional sensors. It comes in two separate parts one being the transducer which is the sensing element and the other being the control board.
The module is capable of providing information on the objects between the distance range of 250 mm to 4500 mm. The great advantage of using this Waterproof Ultrasonic sensor is you can put the sensing element far away from all the control circuitry.
This Ultrasonic Distance Sensor is an industrial-grade sensor to measure distance. Interfacing with it is the same as another cheap ultrasonic sensor, but it offers better performance and is compatible with harsher environments and is waterproof too.
There are many ultrasonic distance sensors on the market, but sometimes, this kind of sensor needs to work in vulnerable conditions. This Waterproof Ultrasonic Obstacle Sensor meets this requirement.
It is very easy to use, a control port with a 10US above high level can wait for high-level output at the receiving port. An output can drive the timer when this port is low can read the timer value, this time for the location of the time can be distance measurement. Constantly cycle tests that can achieve the measurement of the value of your mobile.
Wiring of the Waterproof Ultrasonic Sensor
- Water level measuring system
- Horizontal distance
- Obstacle avoidance, automatic control
- Traffic control
- Security, industrial control
- Artificial intelligence, and research.
- 1 x Waterproof Ultrasonic Obstacle Sensor
- 1 x 2.5m Separate Probe
|Operating Voltage||5 V|
|Sonar Sensing Range||25-450 cms|
|Max. Sensing Range||450 cms|
|Dimensions||4.1 x 2.8 x 1.25cms|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does ultrasonic sensor work?
- As we connect the ultrasonic sensor with power and initialize the input pin, it starts transmitting the sound waves which then travel through the air and hit the required object. These waves hit and bounce back from the object and then collected by the receiver of the module. Distance is directly proportional to the time these waves require to come back at the receiving end. The more the time taken, more the distance will be.
2. What is difference between HC-SR04 ultrasonic sensor and waterproof ultrasonic sensor?
- The main difference, besides it being waterproof, is that waterproof ultrasonic sensor uses only one ultrasonic transducer instead of two. This transducer serves as both the transmitter and the receiver of the ultrasound waves.
3. Can ultrasonic sensor work underwater?
- Yes, the ultrasonic sensor works underwater, the sensor can detect the presence of any object underwater within the range of the ultrasonic sensor. Several factors affect sound propagation; refraction, absorption, and scattering.
4. What is the maximum range of an ultrasonic sensor module?
- The module is capable of providing information on the objects between the distance range of 250 mm to 4500 mm. The great advantage of using this Waterproof Ultrasonic sensor is you can put the sensing element far away from all the control circuitry.
5. What are ultrasonic sensors?
- An ultrasonic sensor is an electronic device that measures the distance of a target object by emitting ultrasonic sound waves and converting the reflected sound into an electrical signal. Ultrasonic waves travel faster than the speed of audible sound (i.e. the sound that humans can hear).
6. Can ultrasonic sensor detect humans?
- Yes, an ultrasonic sensor can detect a human. The ultrasonic sensor measures the distance of a target object by emitting ultrasonic sound waves and converts the reflected sound into an electrical signal
7. What is the difference between an IR sensor and an ultrasonic sensor?
- Ultrasonic sensors use sound waves (echolocation) to measure how far away you are from an object. On the other hand, IR sensors use Infrared light to determine whether or not an object is present. Accuracy and reliability are also big differentiators in these sensors.