- The APM 2.8 flight controller is equipped with a 3 axis gyroscope and accelerometer along with a high-performance barometer and an onboard 4 Mb Dataflash chip for automatic data logging.
- The APM flight controller provides full data logging for comprehensive post-mission analysis, with graphing and Google Earth mapping tools.
- The APM 2.8 flight controller features Data transceivers which allows real-time telemetry and control between your ground station computer and APM.
- It also has a built in compass and an option to connect an external compass through the I2C interface.
APM 2.8 Flight Controller
The APM 2.8 flight controller is an upgraded version of the APM 2.6 flight controller. This flight controller now has the option of using a built-in compass or connect an external compass. The APM2.8 flight controller is a great flight controller board that can be best used along with DIY quadcopters, drones, helicopters, RC planes and other UAV's.
This APM 2.8 flight controller for quadcopters and drones features a fail safe programming option that helps drone enthusiasts ease their problems in the event of low battery or lost control signal. The new I2C interface of the APM 2.8 flight controller allows the user to attach an external compass. It also has pads at the back of the board for the UART0, UART2, I2C and OSD interfaces.
The APM flight controller is best known for it's complete open source autopilot system. The APM 2.8 flight controller is the best selling flight controller and is recommended by UAV and Drone experts. The speciality of the APM 2.8 flight controller is that it will help users turn any fixed or rotary-wing UAV into a fully autonomous UAV system. Advanced drone users will find endless options for customization and expanded mission capabilities.
Features of the APM 2.8 Flight Controller Software
- By using Mission Planner maps you can click and add waypoint entries.
- You can select your mission commands with a simple drop down menu.
- Mission log files can be downloaded and analyzed.
- You can configure the settings of the APM controller to your airframe.
- You can create a hardware-in-the-loop UAV simulator by interfacing your PC flight simulator.
- You also have the option of viewing the output from APM’s serial terminal.
- 1 x APM 2.8 Flight Controller
Features of APM 2.8 Flight Controller Board
|Model||APM 2.8 Flight Controller Board|
|Input Voltage||12-16 V|
|Processor||ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2|
|Micro SD card slot||No|
|Sensors||3-Axis Gyroscope and Accelerometer, Barometer|
|Dimensions||70 x 45 x 15mm|