- Infrared Sensor: TSOP 1738 is the perfect solution for receiving IR signals from remote controls, making it ideal for home entertainment systems, robotics, and more.
- Precise Reception: With a center frequency of 38 kHz, TSOP 1738 offers precise reception of IR signals, ensuring your devices respond accurately.
- Low Power Consumption: TSOP 1738 features low power consumption, making it energy-efficient and suitable for battery-powered applications.
- Wide Detection Angle: The sensor has a 90-degree detection angle, providing excellent coverage for your IR remote control needs.
- Easy to Use: TSOP 1738 is easy to integrate into your projects, and its compatibility with TTL and CMOS ensures smooth operation.
- Reliable Performance: This sensor offers improved shielding against electrical field disturbance, guaranteeing reliable performance.
TSOP1738 is an infrared receiver tuned to receive IR of frequency 38 kHz only. It is perfect for making obstacle sensors and reading signals from most IR remotes (TV, AC, Home Theatre Remotes, etc). When used as a receiver in distance sensors, This tsop1738 provides better performance as it allows better reception and protection from ambient light compared to other IR receivers. It can be used to read the signals of most IR Remotes.
Composed of robust materials like reinforced plastic housing and aluminium shielding between the receiver and accessories, it ensures long operational life even under the toughest external conditions when exposed directly to sunlight or raindrops etc. With mounting fixtures that come with this tsop1738 allow for hassle-free installation onto any flat surfaces without making modifications or extra holes on them unlike some other models found elsewhere - so you can rest assured there will be no inconvenience during the assembly process whatsoever!
Using this superior infrared receiver module means driving your automation needs quite conveniently! Put simply; anyone who requires nonstop wireless performance within their project along with great functionality should get themselves one right away. it'll take real stress off the burden by accomplishing tasks faster & more reliably than ever before whilst not compromising at all upon data integrity throughout the transfer session either !!
The TSOP1738 IR sensor module consists of a PIN diode and a preamplifier which are embedded into a single package. The output of TSOP is active low and it gives +5V in the off state. When IR waves, from a source, with a center frequency of 38 kHz incident on it, its output goes low. Lights coming from sunlight, fluorescent lamps, etc. may cause disturbance to it and result in undesirable output even when the source is not transmitting IR signals. A bandpass filter, an integrator stage, and automatic gain control are used to suppress such disturbances. TSOP module has an inbuilt control circuit for amplifying the coded pulses from the IR transmitter.
Pinout of TSOP 1738
The sensor can be used for Proximity detection applications along with an IR-led in robotics and security systems. It receives an IR signal at 38khz frequency.
- Receive IR signals
- Decode Remote signals
- Analyze, re-create or duplicate remote Signals
- Wireless control applications
- Receiver circuit for IR remote controls
- IR Remote tester circuits
- 1 x TSOP 1738
|0.4 to 1.0 mA
|0.35 mW/m2 type
|Angle of detection
|Dimensions of the casing
|12.5 x 10 x 5.8 (mm)
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
- All orders confirmed before 3 pm IST are shipped on the
same day, barring rare pickup delays on holidays or disturbances
- Delivery time in Metro cities is 1-3 days, Others it is
3-7 days. It varies based on location, reliant on courier services
- Return window: 7 days from receipt unless stated
otherwise. No refunds/replacements after
- Returns only for non-working/damaged products are accepted
- Initiate return requests to our customer service team via Support ticket or contact us at +91-8123057137
- Refunds are processed within 3-4 working days post inspection and approval.
For more details, please check our Shipping and Return Policy
Found a better price?
Let us know!
We'll try to match the price for you
⚡ Dispatched within 24 hours
💰 Earn RC Coins on every purchase
🚚 Free shipping on orders above Rs 500/-
🛠️ Dedicated Technical Support Team
1. What is TSOP? What does 1738 mean?
- TSOP is the standard IR remote control receiver series, supporting all major transmission codes. It has Low power consumption and High immunity against ambient light.
1738 in TSOP 1738 indicates infrared receiver is tuned to receive IR of frequency 38 kHz only.
2. How does TSOP 1738 sensor work?
- The (+) and the (-) are the supply pins of the IC and are specified to be connected across a 5V typical supply level, to be precise any voltage between 3 and 6V may be applied here, although 5V works the best. The curved lens which can be seen over the central portion of sensor body is where the infrared signal from a remote control handset is focused for enabling the TSOP to initiate its sensing operations.
3. Where to use TSOP-1738 Sensor?
- The TSOP sensor has the ability to read the output signals from home remotes like TV remote, Home theatre remote, AC remote etc.. All these remotes will work with a frequency of 38kHz and this IC can pick up any IR signals process them and provide the output on pin 3. So if you are looking for a sensor to analyze, re-create or duplicate the functions of a remote then this IC will be the perfect choice for you.