Found a better price?
Let us know!
3mm IR Pair
This pair of High-power directional IR LED and Filtered photodiode can be used in various kinds of sensing circuits. The narrow beamwidth IR LED emits focused IR light and the filtered photodiode filters out ambient light without the need for any external circuit. When used with a proper circuit it can give up to 200 mm of reflective sensing and can also be used in high-speed applications like encoders. It has a peak wavelength of 940nm.
Applications of IR Transmitter & Receiver Pair:
- IP cameras
- Gas Analyzers
- Alarm systems and other crime prevention devices
- Battery-driven human presence sensors for IoT smart homes
- IR sensors are also used in IR imaging devices, optical power meters, sorting devices, missile guidance, remote sensing, flame monitors, moisture analyzers, night vision devices, infrared astronomy, rail safety, etc.
- 1 x 3mm IR Pair
|Pair Type||IR Transmitter and Reciever|
|Dimensions||3 x 1 x 1mm|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is an IR Sensor and why is it not visible?
- An infrared (IR) sensor is an electronic device that measures and detects infrared radiation in its surrounding environment. Infrared radiation was accidentally discovered by an astronomer named William Herchel in 1800. While measuring the temperature of each color of light (separated by a prism), he noticed that the temperature just beyond the red light was highest. IR is invisible to the human eye, as its wavelength is longer than that of visible light. Anything that emits heat gives off infrared radiation
2. What are the types of IR sensor and their difference?
- There are two types of infrared sensors: active and passive.
Active infrared sensors both emit and detect infrared radiation.
Passive infrared (PIR) sensors only detect infrared radiation and do not emit.