Quadcopter DIY Drone Combo Kit for Beginner
- Robocraze Brings A Great Combination Of Quad Frame, BLDC Motors, ESCs And Propellers, KK Multi-Copter Flight Control Board V 2.1.5, Battery And Charger.
- This quadrotor gives the maximum thrust of 3.6 kgs while it weighs around 1.1 kg.
- High-quality brushless ESC included in the package up to 30amp load current for motor drive. This ESC is factory programmed and ready to use.
Steps to assemble the DIY drone kit
- The first step is to assemble the F450 frame with the help of the 4 coloured arms of the frame and the PCB plates. The assembly is a simple operation that can be achieved easily. Opposite arms should be the same colour. Attach the arms to the bottom power distribution board (larger in size).
- The next step is to mount the motors on the arms of the F450 quadcopter frame. Mounting the motor typically involves screwing the motors onto the motor mounting plates. The motors must be mounted such that the wires face the centre of the quadcopter frame. Since a quadcopter is being used, this step needs to be repeated 4 times. Once you are finished, each of the four arms of the frame should have a motor mounted to it.
- After mounting the motors, the next step involves soldering the ESCs to the power distribution board. The 4 ESC's need to be soldered to the bottom PCB (bigger in size). The red wires of the ESCs must be soldered to the positive terminal while the black wires must be soldered to the negative terminal. To solder the wire first you need to tin the point on the board by applying some solder. Ensure the solder joint is clean and strong.
- After mounting the motors and soldering the ESCs, plug the motor wires onto the ESC. Thereafter, zip tie the ESC's to the arms firmly and tie the battery strap to the bottom board.
- The next step is to mount the KK2.1.5 Flight Controller onto the DIY quadcopter kit. All you need to do is attach the KK2.1.5 Flight Controller in the centre of the top plate (smaller in size) using a double sided tape. You need to make sure that the board is facing the right way. The flight controller has a white arrow near the buzzer header pin to indicate the forward direction, ensure that your controller is aligned in the direction you wish to consider as forward depending on the quadcopter configuration (X or +). It is very important to double check the attachment of the quadcopter flight control board so that you eliminate the risk of losing your drone mid-flight.
- After mounting the KK flight controller, you need to mount the receiver to the quadcopter. Place and attach the receiver to the DIY quadcopter frame such that the wires from the receiver be able to reach the control board. This will help you direct the quadcopter with your transmitter. Attach the corresponding channels from the receiver to the correct input on the flight controller.
- Next step is to simply attach the battery to the bottom board of the quadcopter frame using velcro or zip tie.
- In the next step you need to add the propellers to the quadcopter. Before adding the propellers onto the DIY quadcopters, you need to ensure that they are balanced. This is important to keep the DIY quadcopter drone upright in the air. This can be achieved by using a propeller balance. This tool allows you to lay the propeller between two grooves. You should then see the propeller either lean to one side or the other. Many propellers that are purchased with the DIY Quadcopter drone kit are already well balanced.
- For mounting the propellers, select a large threaded bolt and place it on the motor. Screw the bolt onto the motor through the holes in the motor. It’s important that you make them as tight and strong as possible. After this you need to add the propeller onto the bolt.
- Once you have built your quadcopter drone, you need to configure the KK2.1.5 Flight Controller. This means that you need to link the flight control board to the controller so they communicate with each other.
Warning: Flying quadcopter platforms requires a considerable amount of practice and skill. If not handled correctly, it can cause severe injury. Please read the flight controller manual carefully before starting. Please make sure that you remove the props before doing any calibration and/or configuration changes.
Note: The package weighs 1500 grams (approx) and Dimensions: 21 x 15 x 9cms (approx)
The Quadcopter drone packge includes:
|F450 Frame||x 1|
|BLDC Motor||x 4|
|ESC Motor||x 4|
|2-3 Cell Battery Charger||x 1|
|2200 mAh Battery||x 1|
|Wireless transmitter and Receiver (Remote)||x 1|
|KK2.1.5 Flight Controller||x 1|
|Propellor||x 4 (2CW, 2CCW)|