Found a better price?
Let us know!
We'll try to match the price for you
MAX30102 Pulse Oximeter Heart Rate Sensor Module
The MAX30102 Pulse Oximeter Heart-Rate Sensor Module I2C Interface provides a complete system solution to ease the design-in process for mobile and wearable devices. The MAX30102 operates on a single 1.8V power supply and a separate 5.0V power supply for the internal LEDs. Communication is through a standard I2C-compatible interface. The module can be shut down through software with zero standby current, allowing the power rails to remain powered at all times.
The heart rate oximetry module made with the MAX30102 is an upgraded version of the MAX30100 that can be used to measure heart rate oximetry on the wrist. It can be applied to smart wear fields such as sports watches.
MAX30102 is an integrated pulse oximeter and heart-rate monitor sensor solution. It’s an optical sensor that derives its readings from emitting two wavelengths of light from two LEDs – a red and an infrared one – then measuring the absorbance of pulsing blood through a photodetector. This particular LED colour combination is optimized for reading the data through the tip of one’s finger. It is fully configurable through software registers and the digital output data is stored in a 16-deep FIFO within the device. It has an I2C digital interface to communicate with a host microcontroller.
The pulse oximetry subsystem in MAX30102 consists of ambient light cancellation (ALC), 16-bit sigma delta ADC, and a proprietary discrete-time filter. It has an ultra-low-power operation which makes it ideal for battery-operated systems. MAX30100 operates on a supply in the range of 1.8 to 3.3V. It can be used in wearable devices, fitness assistant devices, medical monitoring devices, etc. The MAX30102 operates from 1.8V and 3.3V power supplies and can be powered down through software with negligible standby current, permitting the power supply to remain connected at all times.
Note: For this sensor, you have to pull up SCL & SDA Pin( You have to connect a 10Kohm resistor between SCL & 5V And Same as SDA to 5V)
- Fitness Assistant Devices
- Medical Monitoring Devices
- Wearable Devices
- 1 x MAX30102 Pulse Oximeter Heart Rate Sensor Module
|Voltage||1.8 - 3.3v|
1. What is MAX30102 sensor?
- The MAX30102 is integrated pulse oximetry and heart-rate monitor biosensor module. It includes internal LEDs, photodetectors, optical elements, and low-noise electronics with ambient light rejection. The MAX30102 provides a complete system solution to ease the design-in process for mobile and wearable devices.
2. How does the MAX30102 work?
- The MAX30102, or any optical pulse oximeter and heart-rate sensor for that matter, consists of a pair of high-intensity LEDs (RED and IR, both of different wavelengths) and a photodetector. The wavelengths of these LEDs are 660nm and 880nm, respectively. The MAX30102 works by emitting both lights onto the finger or earlobe (or essentially anywhere where the skin isn’t too thick, so both lights can easily penetrate the tissue) and measuring the amount of reflected light using a photodetector. This method of pulse detection through light is called Photoplethysmogram.
3. How does MAX30102 measure heart rate?
- The amount of reflected light changes as blood is pumped through the finger with each heartbeat, resulting in a changing waveform at the photodetector's output. The MAX30102 module takes the photodetector readings and then it will sends the heart-beat (HR) pulse reading to any connected display.
4. Where can I use the MAX30102 Pulse Oximeter Heart Rate Sensor Module?
- The heart rate oximetry module made with the MAX30102 is an upgraded version of the MAX30100 that can be used to measure heart rate oximetry on the wrist. It can be interfaced with smart wear fields such as sports watches.