Found a better price?
Let us know!
We'll try to match the price for you
ESP01 ESP8266 Wireless Transceiver Module
The ESP 01 ESP8266 Serial WIFI Wireless Transceiver Module is a self-contained SOC with an integrated TCP/IP protocol stack that can give any microcontroller access to your WiFi network. The ESP8266 is capable of either hosting an application or offloading all Wi-Fi networking functions from another application processor.
The ESP 8266 has powerful onboard processing and storage capabilities that allow it to be integrated with the sensors and other application-specific devices through its GPIOs with minimal development up-front and minimal loading during runtime. Its high degree of on-chip integration allows for minimal external circuitry, and the entire solution, including the front-end module, is designed to occupy minimal PCB area.
When getting to know and use this device, the best approach is to use a USB to 3.3V TTL converter and a 3.3v power supply. Avoid working with any devices that require or output 5V levels.
Its high degree of on-chip integration allows for minimal external circuitry, including the front-end module, which is designed to occupy minimal PCB area. The ESP8266 supports APSD for VoIP applications and Bluetooth co-existence interfaces, it contains a self-calibrated RF allowing it to work under all operating conditions and requires no external RF parts.
Warning: The ESP8266 works at 3.3V. Connecting directly to 5V will burn it! You have to use voltage drivers or logic shifters.
- A wireless location-sensing device
- Wireless positioning system beacon
- Smart socket/intelligent light
- Mesh Network
- Industrial wireless control devices
- 1 x ESP01 ESP8266 Wireless Transceiver Module
|Interface||SDIO 1.1 / 2.0, SPI, UART|
|Dimensions||25 x 15 x 11 mm|
1. What is the use of the ESP8266 WiFi module?
- The ESP8266 WiFi Module is a self-contained SOC with an integrated TCP/IP protocol stack that can provide access to your WiFi network to any microcontroller. The ESP8266 can either host an application or offloading all Wi-Fi networking functions to a separate application processor.
2. How do I connect to ESP01?
- Plug your FTDI adaptor into your laptop, grab a bunch of jumper wires, and go ahead and connect the Rx pin of the ESP-01 to the Tx on the FTDI adaptor, and the Tx of the ESP-01 to the Rx on the adaptor. Then go on to connect the GND pin of the ESP-01 to the GND pin of the FTDI adaptor.
3. What kind of device is the ESP 8266 module?
- The ESP8266 Module is a networking device since its main function in any system is to be able to connect to any nearby WiFi network for uploading or downloading data hence enabling IoT.
4. What can I do with an ESP8266?
- The ESP8266 module enables microcontrollers to connect to 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, using IEEE 802.11 bgn. It can be used to provide Wi-Fi connectivity to external host MCUs using ESP-AT firmware, or it can be used as a self-contained MCU using an RTOS-based SDK.
5. How do I program the esp01 module?
- In the Arduino IDE, click Tools, Port, and select the port where the ESP-01 is connected. Finally, the ESP-01 is ready to be programmed. Press and hold the Reset button, and then press and hold the Flash button. Release the Reset button, and while holding the Flash button pressed, click the Upload arrow.