10kg Load Cell with HX711 Weight Sensor
To measure the weight and load of any object we use strain gauges but the problem with using standalone strain gauges is that they are fragile and are easily bent and break if not used in a proper enclosure. This load cell made up of aluminum alloy can measure up to 10 kg load and outputs in the form of electrical signals proportionally. This sensor will use a HX711 Analog to Digital signal converter, it is easy to use with driving voltage 5-10V and produce the output voltage as per the force changes over it, to read and send the data to the microcontroller or development board you are using as the analog signal from the load cell is too small to be read easily.
Accurate measures forces from 0-1kg; load cell specs: 22 cm (8.5 in) wire leads pre-attached. Dimensions 12.7 mm high, 12.7 mm wide, 80 mm long (0.5 in x 0.5 in x 3.15 in). 4 mounting holes, 15 mm spacing on each side. On both holes tapped m4 thread, on the other side, both holes tapped m5 thread.
HX711: This top-of-the-line load cell amplifier mounted on a breakout board pairs perfectly with the load cell to provide fast, accurate force measurements. It measures small changes in the resistance of the strain gauges mounted to the load cell and passes these values directly to any microcontroller (like an Arduino or raspberry pi).
Connection (to HX711): Red to e+; black to e-; green to a+; white to a-
- Platform scales
- Electronic weighing machines
- Belt scales
- 1 x Weight Sensor 10KG
- 1 x HX711 24BIT Precision ADC Module
|Differential input voltage||±40mV (Full-scale differential input voltage is ± 40mV)|
|Data accuracy||24 bit (24 bit A / D converter chip)|
|Refresh frequency||10/80 Hz|
|Operating Voltage||2.7V to 5VDC|
|Operating current||<10 mA|
|Dimensions(mm)||12.7 x 12.7 x 80|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a load cell?
- The load cell is a straight bar (sometimes called a strain gauge). It can translate up to 10kg of pressure (force) into an electrical signal. Each load cell is able to measure the electrical resistance that changes in response to, and proportional to the strain (e.g. pressure or force) applied to the bar.
2. What is the HX711 Weight sensor?
- The HX711 weight sensor is a Load Cell Amplifier breakout board for the HX711 IC that allows you to easily read load cells to measure weight. This module uses 24 high-precision A/D converter chip HX711.
3. How does an HX711 weight sensor work?
- The HX711 is a 24-bit ADC that amplifies and converts the Load cell output to digital. The Arduino receives this amplified value. Now Arduino calculates the HX711 output, converts it to weight values in grams, and displays it on the LCD. The system is calibrated using a push button.
4. Why load cells are used?
- A load cell is a type of transducer that converts mechanical force into a measurable electrical output; anything that needs to be weighed most likely uses a load cell.