Rain Drop Sensor Module
The Raindrops Detection sensor module is used for rain detection. It is also for measuring rainfall intensity. The rain sensor can be used for all kinds of weather monitoring and translated into output signals and AO. Raindrops Detection Sensor Module Rain Weather Module for Arduino, etc. The rain sensor can be used to monitor a variety of weather conditions and turned into several fixed output signals and Analog outputs.
It includes a printed circuit board (control board) that “collects” the raindrops. As raindrops are collected on the circuit board, they create paths of parallel resistance that are measured via the op-amp. The lower the resistance (or the more water), the lower the voltage output. Conversely, the less water, the greater the output voltage on the analog pin. A completely dry board, for example, will cause the module to output 5V.
The module includes a rain board and a control board that is separate for more convenience. It has a power indicator LED and an adjustable sensitivity through a potentiometer. The module is based on the LM393 op-amp.
- Automatic windshield wipers
- Smart Agriculture
- 1 x Printed Circuit Board for Rain Water Collection
- 1 x Control Board with LM393 Voltage Comparator
- 1 x A 5-Wire Dupont Cable
|Material||FR – 04|
|Driver Size(mm)||32x15x9 (LxWxH)|
|Collector Board Size(mm)||54x40x1.5 (LxWxH)|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does a raindrop sensor work?
- A raindrop sensor is essentially a board with nickel lines coated on it. It operates on the resistance principle. The rain Sensor module measures moisture using analog output pins and provides a digital output when a moisture threshold is exceeded.
2. What is a rain sensor module?
- A rain sensor module is a simple tool for detecting rain. It can be used as a switch when a raindrop falls through the rain board, as well as to measure the intensity of the rain.
3. How do I connect a raindrop sensor to Arduino?
- First, power up the raindrop sensor. Connect the raindrop sensor's ground pin to the Arduino UNO's GND pin and the positive power supply pin to the 3.3 / 5 Volts pin. Connect the digital pin D0 to any of the Arduino's digital pins.
4. Is the rain sensor analog or digital?
- The rain sensor can output both analog and digital data. The AO (Analog Output) pin provides an analog signal ranging from 5V to 0V. The rain sensor can be used for all kinds of weather monitoring and translated into output signals and AO.
5. Why are rain sensors used?
- Rain sensors are important components of automatic systems used in areas where rainfall is observed during irrigation months. These devices automatically turn off the irrigation system after a predetermined amount of rainfall and allow the system to resume its predetermined conditions once the device has dried.