ADXL345 Accelerometer Module
ADXL345 is a Breakout board for the Analog Device's ADXL345 triple-axis accelerometer. The module is populated with MOSFET-based Voltage level conversion circuitry to enable you to interface with different types of microcontrollers (3V3 & 5V). Apart from the above all, necessary components like decoupling capacitors, filter capacitors, pull-up resistors and LED are also populated on board.
It is ideal for motion and acceleration sensing applications.It is a low-power, 3-axis MEMS accelerometer module with both I2C and SPI interfaces.
The ADXL345 is a low-power, MEMS, three-axis accelerometer module with both SPI and I2C interfaces to communicate with your controller like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, PIC, etc. It also has user-selectable sensitivity and 10-13bit of resolution. This Digital Accelerometer has a voltage regulator on board hence can be connected to both 5V and 3.3V powered controllers. Its high-resolution 4mg/LSB also enables it to measure less than 1° change in the orientation of the object. The ADXL Sensor can be used in Robotics applications, measuring vibration in a machine, in the data acquisition system of a vehicle, measuring the motions of a bridge, etc. It can also be used to detect taps on an object.
The ADXL345 features 4 sensitivity ranges from +/- 2G to +/- 16G. And it supports output data rates ranging from 10Hz to 3200Hz such as the Arduino.
- Cost-sensitive, low power, motion- and tilt-sensing applications
- Mobile devices
- Gaming systems
- Data acquisition system of a vehicle
- Measuring vibration in a machine
- Disk drive protection
- Image stabilization
- Sports and health devices
- 1 x ADXL 345 Module
|Supply Voltage||3.3 V/ 5V|
|Interface Type||I2C, SPI|
|Sensing Range||±2g, ±4g, ±8g, ±16g|
|Dimensions||3 x 2 x 1cms|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is accelerometer ADXL345?
- The ADXL345 is a small, thin, ultralow power 3-axis accelerometer capable of measuring up to 16 g with high resolution (13-bit). Digital output data is in 16-bit two's complement format and can be accessed via an SPI (3- or 4-wire) or I2C digital interface.
2. How do you use ADXL345 accelerometer with Arduino?
- To connect an ADXL345 with Accelerometer follow the steps mentioned below:
- Connect the ADXl345's GND pin to the Arduino's GND pin.
- Connect the ADXL345's VCC pin to the Arduino's 3.3V pin.
- Connect the ADXL345's SCL pin to the Arduino's SCL pin.
- Connect the ADXL345's SDA pin to the Arduino's SCL pin.
- Run the Program in Arduino IDE.
3. Is ADXL345 a gyroscope?
- No, ADXL345 is a 3-axis accelerometer that senses both static acceleration (due to gravity) as well as dynamic acceleration (due to motion or shock). So, it can be used as a tilt sensor or to detect free fall.
4. What is the difference between ADXL335 and ADXL345?
- ADXL345 has a measuring range between ±2g and ±16 g. The sensor has an accuracy angle measurement of less than 1° and power consumption of about ten times less than the ADXL335 version when it is in sleep mode. The ADXL345 is a digital sensor that uses the I2C or SPI digital protocols to return values.