Found a better price?
Let us know!
We'll try to match the price for you
Xbee S2C 2mW Wireless Module with Antenna
The XBee S2C is a wireless RF module that enables data exchange and communication using ZigBee mesh protocols, which are built on top of the IEEE 802.15.4 PHY. Designed for applications that require low latency and predictable communication timing, the XBee 802.15.4 RF modules provide reliable communication in point-to-point, peer-to-peer, and multipoint/star configurations, making them perfect for end-point connectivity. They can be used as a cable replacement for simple serial communication or as part of a hub-and-spoke network of sensors.
With the XBee 802.15.4 RF modules, developers can enjoy true beyond-the-horizon connectivity, as they seamlessly interface with compatible gateways, device adapters, and range extenders. The updated XBee S2C 802.15.4 module, built with the Silicon Labs EM357 SoC, offers improved power consumption, support for over-the-air firmware updates, and an upgrade path to Digi mesh or ZigBee mesh protocols if desired.
These XBee modules are especially useful for energy and controls markets where manufacturing efficiencies are critical. If you are a current customer, the XBee Zigbee migration guide can help you migrate from S2B XBee ZigBee modules to the S2C XBee ZigBee modules and take advantage of the performance improvements they offer.
The XBee 2mW Wire Antenna S2C, the latest module in the Series 2 line, provides cost-effective wireless solutions for electronic devices, enabling point-to-multipoint device connectivity with ease. It is interoperable with other ZigBee feature set devices, including devices from other vendors. The S2C version of the XBee ZigBee Series 2 module uses the EM357 transceiver, which is faster, has lower current draw, and significantly more RAM and Flash. This enables EM357-based modules to support more network traffic, have more memory for code updates, and operate more efficiently.
- Integrated, Wire Antenna
- Interoperable with other ZigBee-compliant devices
- Programmable versions with onboard microprocessor enable custom ZigBee application development
- Supports binding and multicasting for easy integration into a home automation platform
- Through-hole form factor enables flexible design
- 15 general-purpose I/O lines
- Industry-leading sleep current of sub 1 µA
- Firmware upgrades via UART, SPI, or over the air
- 1 x Xbee S2C 2mW Wireless Module with Antenna
|Transmit Power||3.1 mW (+5 dBm)|
|Range: Indoor||200 ft (60 m)|
|Outdoor (LOS)||4000 ft (1200 m)|
|Voltage requirements||2.1 to 3.6 VDC|
|Dimensions||5 x 4 x 3cms|
1. What is the XBee S2C antenna?
- The XBee 2mW Wire Antenna S2C, the latest of its kind in Series 2, offers point to multipoint device connectivity with ease, providing cost-effective wireless solutions for electronic devices. They work with other ZigBee feature set devices, including those from other manufacturers.
2. What is the pin spacing of the XBee module?
- This XBee module, like its predecessors, has a pin spacing of 2 mm. Any project could benefit from one of our adapter boards for simple interfacing.
3. Is XBee the same as Zigbee?
- XBee is a family of radio modules and is a registered trademark of Digi International. Zigbee is a wireless communications protocol and a registered trademark of the Zigbee Alliance. Many people mix up these two names because they both work in radio networking and have the word "Bee" in their branding.
4. How do I connect my XBee to my laptop?
- A USB to serial converter or a specially designed explorer board is used to connect the XBee module to the laptop. Simply connect the XBee module to the Explorer board and use a USB cable to connect it to the laptop.
5. How do I connect XBee to Arduino?
- Simply connect the XBee module to the Explorer board and use a USB cable to connect it to the laptop. If you don't have a converter or explorer board, you can use an Arduino board as a USB to the serial device to communicate with your XBee and laptop.
6. Is the Zigbee S2C board compatible with the XBee Explorer - RS232?
- The Zigbee explorer board (XBee Explorer - RS232) is compatible with all XBee modules, including Series 1 and Series 2.5, standard, and Pro models. As a result, it is Zigbee S2C compatible.
7. Can I use XBee to create a mesh network?
- These Xbees can be used to create a mesh network with self-healing capabilities. Self-healing capabilities are implemented via distributed communication protocols that use redundant links to restore system connectivity.
8. Is Xbee S2C 2mW Wireless module programmable?
- The XBee 2mW Wire Antenna - S2C can be programmed. The module can be programmed using the XCTU software. It includes all the tools that make it easy to set up, configure and test XBee modules.