Color Recognition Sensor Module TCS3200D/TCS2300
The TCS3200 Color Recognition Sensor Module uses a high-quality light sensor allowing you to sense any color through a combination of Red, Green, and Blue. The module provides all of the pins of the TCS3200 on convenient 0.1″ headers – ideal for use with PCBs, breadboard or stripboard.
Four white LEDs provide plenty of light for the color sensor and allow you to use the module in any ambient light.
The module requires only a single supply voltage between 2.7V and 5.5V – making it compatible with nearly all common microcontrollers, including PICs, AVRs, ARM,Arduino and more.
Header one on the left side of the board
- S0: Output frequency scaling selection input (along with S1)
- S1: Output frequency scaling selection input (along with S0)
- OE: Output Enable – if held low, the output of the module is turned on
- GND: Ground – connect to 0V
Header two on the right side of the board
- S3: Photodiode type (along with S2)
- S2: Photodiode type (along with S3)
- OUT: Output – A square wave appears here showing the intensity of the detected colour
- VCC: Power – connect to 2.7V-5.5V
- 1 x TCS3200D/TCS230 Color Sensor
|Sensor Type||Color Sensor|
|Dimensions||3 x 2 x 1cms|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does the TCS230 color sensor work?
- The TCS230 detects color light using an 8 x 8 array of photodiodes. Then using a Current-to-Frequency Converter the readings from the photodiodes are converted into a square wave with a frequency directly proportional to the light intensity.
2. How do I connect TCS3200 to Arduino?
- The TCS3200 color sensor can detect a wide variety of colors based on their wavelength. Here are the connections between the TCSP3200 and the Arduino:
- S0: digital pin 4.
- S1: digital pin 5.
- VCC: 5V.
- S3: digital pin 6.
- S4: digital pin 7.
- OUT: digital pin 8.
3. What is TCS3200 color sensor?
- A color sensor is a type of "photoelectric sensor" which emits light from a transmitter and then detects the light reflected back from the detection object with a receiver.