Peltier with Heatsink and Fan
The DIY kit is a semiconductor cooling kit that uses a TEC1-12706 Thermoelectric Cooler Peltier Module. The kit comes with 1 heat sink and 1 fan. The fan acts as a radiator. This is attached to the heat sink. The TEC1-12706 thermoelectric Peltier module is attached to the other side of the heat sink.
This kit is well suited for people who just want to get cold fast. Simply connect to a 12V 5A+ power supply and you will see frost appear on the aluminum plate within a minute
- Using the GL style of the refrigerator effectively releases the thermal deformation ability of the refrigerator produce at work.
- Small volume, does not occupy space, installation is simple.
- This semiconductor cooler is a form of solid-state cooling that incorporates both semiconductor technologies and electronic assembly techniques.
- It can be used as a Pet Air Conditioner (chicken, little dog, etc.) or a little fridge.
- 1 x CPU Cooler
- 1 x Peltier
- 1 x Heatsink Mounting Clips
|Rated Voltage||12V DC|
|Fan Dimensions||70 x70mm|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is TEC1 12706? What does TEC mean?
- Peltier Element TEC1-12706 is thermoelectric cooling element that uses the Peltier effect to create a heat flux at the junction of two different types of materials.
TEC stands for Thermoelectric coolers
2. How does a Peltier module work?
- Thermoelectric coolers operate according to the Peltier effect. The effect creates a temperature difference by transferring heat between two electrical junctions. A voltage is applied across joined conductors to create an electric current. When the current flows through the junctions of the two conductors, heat is removed at one junction and cooling occurs. Heat is deposited at the other junction.
3. How do I choose the correct peltier for my application?
- Estimate heat load of the object to be cooled
Define temperature working range of object and heat sink
Choose a Peltier element that satisfies the requirements
Choose a TEC controller with suitable power range
Choose a heat sink for the Peltier element
Choose a fan to air the heat sink (optional)
Choose the object temperature sensor and the optional sink sensor
Choose a power supply for the TEC controller