NRF24L01 Ultra-Low Power 2.4GHz RF Wireless Transceiver
The nRF24L01 is a highly integrated, ultra-low-power (ULP) 2Mbps RF transceiver IC for the 2.4GHz ISM (Industrial, Scientific, and Medical) band. With peak RX/TX currents lower than 14mA, a sub μ A power-down mode, advanced power management, and a 1.9 to 3.6V supply range, the nRF24L01 provides a true ULP solution enabling months to years of battery life when running on coin cells or AA/AAA batteries.
VCC is a range of 1.9V~3.6V, do not exceed this range, otherwise, it will destroy the module.
Communication pins other than Vcc and GND are 5v tolerant
- Wireless PC Peripherals
- Mouse, keyboards, and remotes
- 3-in-1 desktop bundles
- Advanced Media center remote controls
- VoIP headsets
- Game controllers
- Sports watches and sensors
- RF remote controls for consumer electronics
- Home and commercial automation
- Ultra low power sensor networks
- Active RFID
- Alarm and security systems
- Asset tracking systems
- 1 x Nrf24L01 Ultra-Low Power 2.4Ghz RF Wireless Transceiver
|High air data rate||250kbps, 1 and 2Mbps|
|Host Interface||4-pin hardware SPI,3 separate 32 bytes TX and RX FIFOs|
|Low Power Management||1.9 to 3.6V supply range|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the NRF24L01 transceiver?
- The nRF24L01 is a single-chip radio transceiver that operates in the 2.4-2.5 GHz ISM band all over the world. The transceiver consists of a fully integrated frequency synthesizer, a power amplifier, a crystal oscillator, a demodulator, a modulator, and an Enhanced ShockBurst protocol engine.
2. Is NRF24L01 a wireless module?
- NRF24L01 wireless module is a module with low power consumption which gives you a possibility to do wireless communication on 2.4GHz frequency. It has a communication speed of 2MBps, making it ideal for a variety of hobby, robotics, and industrial projects. It supports the SPI interface.
3. What is NRF24L01 used for?
- The NRF24L01 is an 8-pin wireless transceiver module with special pins that allow it to communicate with all boards and microcontrollers. The pin functions on this device are used to interface with an Arduino or an external microcontroller.
4. How do I know if NRF24L01 is working?
- One NRF24L01 should be connected to an Uno R3 and the other to a Mega2560. The nRF24L01 module on the UNO constantly sends data, while the one on Mega2560 receives it. Open the IDE and then Serial Monitor for the two boards respectively, and then compare the data sent and received to test whether it succeeds.