Found a better price?
Let us know!
We'll try to match the price for you
MQ131 Ozone Gas Detection Module
The MQ131 gas sensor module is a device that can detect the presence of ozone gas (O3) in the air. It is commonly used in applications such as air quality monitors and industrial control systems. The MQ131 sensor operates by using a chemical reaction between the ozone gas and a conductive metal oxide to produce a current. The magnitude of the current is proportional to the concentration of ozone gas in the air. The sensor can be used to detect ozone gas concentrations in the range of 0.05-10 ppm. Ozone is a toxic gas that can be harmful to humans at high concentrations. It is recommended to use the MQ131 sensor with caution and to take appropriate safety measures when working with it.
The sensitive material of the MQ131 gas sensor is O3 SnO2, which with lower conductivity in clean air. When Ozone gas exists. The sensor’s conductivity is higher along with the gas concentration rising. Please use a simple electro circuit, Convert the change of conductivity to corresponding output signal of gas concentration. MQ131 gas sensor has a high sensitivity to Ozone, also sensitive to O3 CL2, NO2, etc.
- Domestic ozone concentration alarm
- Industrial ozone concentration alarm
- Portable ozone concentration detector
- 1 x MQ131 Ozone Gas Detection Module
|Dimensions||32mm X22mm X30mm|
1. What are gas sensors? How do they work?
- Gas sensors (also known as gas detectors) are electronic devices that detect and identify different types of gasses. They are commonly used to detect toxic or explosive gasses and measure gas concentration.
Gas sensor detects the presence or concentration of gases in the atmosphere. Based on the concentration of the gas the sensor produces a corresponding potential difference by changing the resistance of the material inside the sensor, which can be measured as output voltage. Based on this voltage value the type and concentration of the gas can be estimated.
2. What is MQ-131 Ozone gas sensor?
- MQ131 Ozone Gas Sensor Module is a compact board based on the MQ-131 sensor. It is equipped with a very wide range sensitivity to ozone which able to detect ozone concentration up to (10～1000ppb) in ambient air. The tin dioxide (SnO2) is the sensor’s sensitive material, has a low conductivity (high resistance) in a clean air environment, and react really good in a presence of ozone. Thus, causing the sensor to be very sensitive in presence of ozone. The higher the ozone concentration the better the conductivity. The board has a trimmer to set the threshold value, analog output and digital output (TTL), status LED for power supply and output signal. The digital output can be connected directly to a microcontroller. The analogue output provides a voltage (0-5 VDC) that increases with increasing ozone concentration in the air. It can be used with Arduino or other microcontroller.