MG811 Carbon Dioxide Sensor
MG-811 Carbon Dioxide Sensor Module (Carbon dioxide sensor) is a carbon dioxide sensor (CO2) sensor that is a Metal Oxide Sensor sensor, which must heat the tank to the specified level. (With the method of supplying power) will cause heat vapor and separate CO2 from the air. This sensor module has an MG-811 onboard as the sensor component. A signal output circuit for heating the sensor The MG-811 is highly sensitive to CO2 and less sensitive to alcohol and CO. The output voltage of the CO2 increases.
Useful for greenhouses and medical projects. Sends an analog signal that decreases as the concentration of CO2 increases. This module also includes a digital output pin with TTL output. The Potentiometer on board is used to set the Digital Output Setpoint. After setting the potentiometer threshold, once that threshold is reached, an LED on the sensor will illuminate and the digital pin will give a HIGH voltage signal.
- Air Quality Control
- Ferment Process Control
- Room Temperature CO2 concentration Detection
- VCC: 6V ( You can use a 4 AA battery holder for this ).
- AOUT: Analog Output (voltage decreases as CO2 Levels increase).
- DOUT: Digital Output that goes HIGH when the threshold is reached (set the threshold by turning the onboard potentiometer).
- GND: 0V.
1 x MG811 Carbon Dioxide Sensor
Carbon Dioxide Sensor Specification
|Sensor Type||Gas Sensor|
|Gas Sensitive||Carbon Dioxide|
|Operating Voltage (V)||6V DC|
|Dimensions||3.2 x 2.2 x 2.9 cms|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are gas sensors? How do they work?
- Gas sensors (also known as gas detectors) are electronic devices that detect and identify different types of gasses. They are commonly used to detect toxic or explosive gasses and measure gas concentration.
Gas sensor detects the presence or concentration of gases in the atmosphere. Based on the concentration of the gas the sensor produces a corresponding potential difference by changing the resistance of the material inside the sensor, which can be measured as output voltage. Based on this voltage value the type and concentration of the gas can be estimated.
2. How to use MG-811 Gas Sensor?
- Power the module with 5V and you should notice the power LED on the module to glow and when no gas it detected the output LED will remain turned off meaning the digital output pin will be 0V. Remember that these sensors have to be kept on for pre-heating time before you can actually work with it. Now, introduce the sensor to the gas you want to detect and you should see the output LED to go high along with the digital pin, if not use the potentiometer until the output gets high. Now every time your sensor gets introduced to this gas at this particular concentration the digital pin will go high (5V) else will remain low (0V).