- The Magic 3D pen is best compatible with 1.75mm PLA filaments.
- The 3D doodoling pen is specifically designed for kids and is kid's friendly.
- The magic 3D printing pen is eco friendly and can be drawn freehand on paper.
- You can instantaneously switch colours while using the 3D doodling pen.
- Buy the Magic 3D pen online in India at best prices.
Magic 3D Pen
The magic 3D printer is specifically designed for kids who are interested in drawing and want to see their art come to life. It is very easy to use and is manufactured with materials that are safe for kids. This magic 3D Pen has a sleek design along with touch screen buttons and comes with a colorful filament for the kids to get started with 3d printing.
The 3D pen can be set up very quickly in just 30 seconds. It adapts to the second-generation safety features and will automatically shut down when not in use for more than 5 minutes. This will help users to save the current used in 3D pens. The 3D Printing Pen is compatible with both 1.75mm ABS & PLA Filament. We recommend using 1.75mm PLA filament, which is a more eco-friendly option.
This 3D pen works as a hand-held version of a desktop 3d printer. The features of this 3D printing pen allow you to draw any 3D shape possible. You are limited by your own level of imagination.
The 3D pen works on the principle of extrusion. The plastic filament is fed to the heating chamber, the molten plastic is pushed out through the extruder nozzle. The heating is done with the help of electrical power. When you draw with the 3D pen it extrudes heated plastic which instantly hardens into a solid structure. Therefore, this feature allows you to draw any 3D shape possible.
Filaments used in 3D Pen are polylactic acid (PLA) acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), polylactic acid (PLA), thermal polyurethane (“TPU”), that when heated turns into liquid instead of burning which makes it reusable and easy for modeling purposes. You can also adjust the speed of the plastic coming out of the tip for drawing and filling purposes.
- Recommended to supervision the kids while working with 3D Pen
- Insert the filament only once the 3D Pen is heated to its said temperature
- Do not touch the nozzle of the 3D Pen with bare hands
- Pause and pull the pen when completing one filament structure so that the filament doesn’t sag down as soon it loses contact with the pen and breaks the structure.
- Avoid pushing out too much filament making note of the speed of hand movement as well as the timing of pressing the button releasing the filament.
- Ensure the filament is not kept in the mouth, recommended to supervision the kids while they are working with 3D Pen
3D pens can be used to
- Make various 3D designs on paper or on top of any other shape, you can even draw freehand in the air
- Help artists make better art pieces
- Repair broken prints (3d Pens can “weld” plastics together)
- Create 3D prototypes of products
- Smart classroom to enhance learning
- 1 x Magic 3D Pen set
- 1 x Set of Filament
Magic 3D Pen specifications:
|Style||Magic 3D Pen|
|Safe for Kids||Yes|
|Best compatible Filament||PLS Filament|
|Weight (Package approx)||150 grams|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. HOW TO USE 3D PEN?
- Plug in the 3D pen : Make sure to set the temperature according to the choice of your plastic.
Insert the filament: Push the plastic through the back until you feel the click.
Click and doodle: Choose either the fast or slow button, push down the surface and doodle.
2. IS 3D PEN SAFE?
- Although the 3D pen operates at a little bit high temperature making the nozzle unsuitable for touch, the 2-finger protector which covers the index finger and thumb makes it safe for kids to use. However, it is recommended to let your kids use this 3D pen under supervision, especially when the kid is below 8 years.
3. HOW MUCH DOES A 3D PEN COST?
- 3D pens usually cost 1000 INR - 3000 INR depending on the brand and features of the pen.
4. WHAT IS THE CORRECT VOLTAGE FOR 3D PENS TO WORK ON?
- 100-240 V AC
5. HOW ARE 3D PENS DIFFERENT FROM 3D PRINTERS?
- 3D pens are a lot more versatile than 3D printers. Having a 3D printer, you need to design your object before you begin making it in a CAD software. So using a 3D printer requires some kind of CAD drawing skills. With 3D Pen, you may simply begin drawing straight away.
6. IS THERE A WAY TO CLEAN ANY RESIDUAL FILAMENT FROM A 3D PRINTING PEN?
- You could try the cold/warm pull technique. Feed-in filament with the device heated push the filament through the nozzle by hand, turn the device off, as it cools down pull the filament back out of the assembly, if it comes out nozzle shaped, then you've cleaned it.
7. WHAT'S THE BEST SURFACE TO DRAW ON WITH A 3D PEN?
- Cardboard is the best for beginners. For more experts, the best surface of all is a glue coated glass heated bed, the same platform that is used by 3D printers. If you want to copy the shape of an object, masking tape and sanding paper are recommended. With some types of plastic you can even draw freehand in the air.
8. WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ABS AND PLA FILAMENT TYPES FOR 3D PENS?
- ABS is oil based, where PLA is plant based. One of the most noticeable differences is that ABS gives off a chemical odor, so preferred to wear a mask. PLA, which contains plant-based ingredients such as corn starch and sugar cane, is said to emit a sweet smell. ABS is recyclable, PLA is biodegradable.