KY033 TCRT5000 Sensor
This TCRT5000 Single Channel Line Tracking Sensor Module is a great detector for a line-following robot. Potentiometer to adjust the sensitivity of the individual sensors.
TCRT5000 Single Channel Line Tracking Sensor Module is a carrier board for the TCRT5000 reflective optical sensor. Although it is designed for use with line-following robots, it can be used in mini-sumo robots for line control. The board has a digital output.
- Position sensor for shaft encoder
- Detection of reflective material such as paper, IBM cards, magnetic tapes etc.
- Limit switch for mechanical motions in VCR
- General purpose - wherever the space is limited
- 1 x KY033 TCRT5000 Sensor
|Operating Voltage (VDC)||3.3 ~ 5|
|Supply Current (A)||20mA|
|Output Format||Analog and Digital Voltage|
|Dimensions||4.2 x 1 x 1cms|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is an IR Sensor and why is it not visible?
- An infrared (IR) sensor is an electronic device that measures and detects infrared radiation in its surrounding environment. Infrared radiation was accidentally discovered by an astronomer named William Herchel in 1800. While measuring the temperature of each color of light (separated by a prism), he noticed that the temperature just beyond the red light was highest. IR is invisible to the human eye, as its wavelength is longer than that of visible light. Anything that emits heat gives off infrared radiation
2. What are the types of IR sensor and their difference?
- There are two types of infrared sensors: active and passive.
Active infrared sensors both emit and detect infrared radiation.
Passive infrared (PIR) sensors only detect infrared radiation and do not emit.