Found a better price?
Let us know!
We'll try to match the price for you
BC547 Transistor IC (Pack of 5)
A BC547 transistor is a negative-positive-negative (NPN) transistor that is used for many purposes. It can be used together with other electronic components, such as resistors, coils, and capacitors, it can be used as the active component for switches and amplifiers. Like all other NPN transistors, this type has an emitter terminal, a base or control terminal, and a collector terminal.
There are various types of transistors, and the BC547 is a bipolar junction transistor (BJT). There are also transistors that have one junction, such as the junction field-effect transistor, or no junctions at all, such as the metal oxide field-effect transistor (MOSFET). During the design and manufacture of transistors, the characteristics can be predefined and achieved.
The negative (N)-type material inside an NPN transistor has an excess of electrons, while the positive (P)-type material has a lack of electrons, both due to a contamination process called doping. It is used in general-purpose switching and amplification BC847/BC547 series 45 V, 100 mA NPN general-purpose transistors.
- 5 x BC547 Transistor IC
|Transistor||BC547 Transistor IC|
|Collector-Base Voltage (VCBO)||50VDC|
|Continuous Collector Current (IC)||100mA|
|Output Capacitance (Cobo)||4.5pF|
|Transition Frequency (fT)||300MHz|
|Dimensions||5 x 4 x 3cms|
1. What is IC BC547?
- A BC547 transistor is a negative-positive-negative (NPN) transistor that can be used for a variety of applications. It can be used as the active component for switches and amplifiers when combined with other electronic components such as resistors, coils, and capacitors. Like all other NPN transistors, this type has an emitter terminal, a base or control terminal, and a collector terminal. The Integrated circuit BC547 Prices in India is
2. What type of transistor is BC547?
- BC547 is a bipolar junction transistor (BJT). It is kind of an NPN transistor. It consists of three terminals: Emitter, Collector, and Base.
3. Why BC547 transistor is used?
- The BC547 is a widely used transistor that can be used in any general-purpose application. It can also be used as a substitute and replacement for many transistors, so it can be used in a wide range of electronic circuits, such as switching the small loads on very low input voltage and current and amplification.
- BC547 transistor projects:
- The BC547 use can be done for multiple applications like:
- Fire detection system
- Alarm Circuit
- Water Tank Alarms
- Security system based projects
- Transistor based switch circuits
4. What is the difference between BC547 and 2N2222?
- The 2N2222 has three pins: emitter, base, and collector, whereas the BC547 has three pins: collector, base, and emitter. The collector-to-base voltage at 2N2222 is 60 volts, whereas the collector-to-emitter voltage at BC547 is 50 volts, and the collector-to-emitter voltage at 2N2222 is 30 volts, whereas it is 45 volts at BC547.
5. How bc547 transistor works?
- BC547 transistor working: BC547 NPN transistor has two operational states: forward bias and reverse bias. The 547 transistor is an NPN transistor. So, when we apply a positive voltage to the transistor's base terminal, it begins to function as Forward Bias. In forward bias mode, this transistor allows current to flow through the collector and emitter. When no voltage (or a negative voltage) is applied to the base terminal of this transistor, it begins to operate as Reverse Bias. In reverse bias mode, this transistor prevents current from flowing through the collector and emitter.
6. How to check bc547 transistor?
- Connect the positive lead from the multimeter to the transistor's BASE (B). Connect the negative lead to the transistor's EMITTER (E). The multimeter should show a voltage drop between 0.45V and 0.9V for a good NPN transistor.
7. How to check BC547 transistor with multimeter?
- Connect the transistor's base terminal to the positive (usually red) terminal on the multimeter. Connect the collector to the terminal labelled negative or common (usually black) and measure the resistance. It should display open circuit (there should be a deflection for a PNP transistor).
8. What is bc547 transistor?
- When power is applied to the base (control pin) of the BC547, current flows from the collector to the emitter. A bipolar junction transistor is BC547 (BJT). It's similar to an NPN transistor. It is made up of three terminals: Emitter, Collector, and Base. BC547 has a maximum current gain of 800A. The Collector-Emitter Voltage of BC547 Transistor is 65V.
BC547 Transistor Specifications:
|Collector-Base Voltage (VCBO)||50V DC|
|Collector-Emitter Voltage (VCEO)||45V DC|
|Emitter-Base Voltage (VEBO)||6VDC|
|Continuous Collector Current (IC)||100mA|
|DC Current Gain||110-800|
|Power Dissipation (PD)||625mW|