VS1053 MP3 Shield with Arduino Uno
What is Vs1053 MP3 Shield?
The VS1053 is a MP3 decoder. It is capable of decoding OGG Vorbis/MP3/AAC/WMA/MIDI audio and capable of encoding IMA ADPCM and user-loadable OGG Vorbis. It can drive up to 30-ohm headphones with no additional power supply. This VS1053 MP3 Shield is designed based on VS1053B from VLSI.
Material Required is as follows:
- Arduino Uno
- Vs1053 MP3 Shield
- SD Card
1.Plug VS1053 MP3 Shield onto the Arduino
Prepare SD Card
- Connect the SDCard to the PC and format it to FAT32 file system
- Copy any MP3 files onto the SDCard and rename all tracks to track001.mp3, track002.mp3, track003.mp3, etc.
Code and Library
- Download library from the link below
- Unzip the library and copy the extracted files to
Documents > Arduino > libraries
- Open Arduino IDE
- Open the code directly by:
File > Examples > SFEMP3Shield > Examples > MP3Shield_Library_Demo
- Upload code into Arduino Uno
- Open the serial monitor with the baud rate 115200.
- The Serial Monitor a number of commands you can send to control the module
After uploading code if you get the SD errorCode on the serial monitor like below.
Solution: Check that the SD card is properly inserted such that its orientation is correct