Robocraze- Raspberry pi IOT kit helps you build your own smart devices. The Base Kit includes Raspberry pi, UNO and basic sensors and actuator which can help you start with Internet Of Things.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Raspberry Pi?
- Raspberry Pi is the third best-selling computer brand in the world. The Raspberry Pi is a credit card-sized computer. You can use it to learn to code and to build electronics projects, and for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word processing, browsing the internet, and playing games. It also plays high-definition video. The Raspberry Pi is being used by adults and children all over the world to learn programming and digital making.
2. Can I add extra RAM to the Pi?
- The RAM on the Raspberry Pi 1 Model A, A+, B, B+, and Raspberry Pi Zero/Zero W is a Package on Package (POP) on top of the SoC, which means you cannot remove or swap it. The RAM on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 Model B versions are on a separate chip on the bottom of the PCB, but 1GB is the maximum RAM that the SoC used by the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 Model B can support. The Raspberry Pi 4 supports up to 8GB of RAM, but like previous models, it is not upgradeable after purchase.
3. What are the possibilities/Applications with Pi?
- Being one of the most powerful computers available, it has a vast multitude of possibilities! For your understanding and reference, a few are listed below.
Replace your desktop with Raspberry Pi
Set Up a Retro Gaming Machine
Control a Robot
Make a Time-Lapse Video
Broadcast a Pirate FM Radio Station
Build a Raspberry Pi Web Server
Photograph the Night Sky
Build a Network Monitoring Tool
Turn a Raspberry Pi Into a Media Server
Stream Live Video to YouTube
However, do not let these hold you back. There are limitless possibilities. All that you need to do is just explore!
4. Where can I buy Raspberry Pi?
- Robocraze is an authorized seller of Raspberry Pi products in India. Therefore you can buy Raspberry Pi 4 Model B online from Robocraze at the comfort of your homes. We follow all safety guidelines to ensure a good experience for you! :)
5. Can I connect multiple Raspberry Pis to make a faster computer?
- Sort of, but not in the way you might want to do it. You cannot simply make a more powerful computer, to play games faster for example, by bolting together smaller ones. You can network computers to create a cluster computer, but you do need to modify your software to work in this distributed fashion. We've put together a tutorial on how to build a Raspberry Pi cluster.
6. Can I run Windows 10 on the Raspberry Pi?
- You cannot run Windows 10 on the Raspberry Pi. There is however a special "Internet of Things" version of Windows 10 that runs on the Raspberry Pi 3B and 3B+ called Windows 10 IoT. Windows 10 IoT does not have a graphical desktop and is intended for use in embedded devices.
You may see reference to Windows 10 running on the Raspberry Pi online. This is because the community has devised a way to run regular Windows 10 on the Raspberry Pi. Although it will run, it runs extremely slowly so is not of any real use. Rather, it is a proof-of-concept. Microsoft does not sanction running Windows 10 on the Raspberry Pi.
7. Is it safe to just pull the power?
- No, not really - you may corrupt your SD card if you do that. We recommend issuing the ‘sudo halt’ or ‘sudo shutdown’ command before pulling the power. This ensures that any outstanding file transactions are written to the SD card and that the SD card is no longer 'active'. Pulling the power during an SD card transaction can occasionally corrupt the card.