Found a better price?
Let us know!
BME/BMP 280 Temperature Sensor Module
This BME280 Sensor Breakout is the easy way to measure barometric pressure, humidity, and temperature readings all without taking up too much space. Basically, anything you need to know about atmospheric conditions you can find out from this tiny breakout. The BME280 Breakout has been designed to be used in indoor/outdoor navigation, weather forecasting, home automation, and even personal health and wellness monitoring. The on-board BME280 sensor measures atmospheric pressure from 30kPa to 110kPa as well as relative humidity and temperature.
This module uses an environmental sensor manufactured by Bosch with temperature, a barometric pressure sensor that is the next generation upgrade to the popular BMP085/BMP180/BMP183 Sensor. This sensor is great for all sorts of weather sensing and can even be used in I2C interface. This precision sensor from Bosch is the best low-cost, precision sensing solution for measuring barometric pressure with ±1 hPa absolute accuracy, and temperature with ±1.0°C accuracy. Because pressure changes with altitude and the pressure measurements are so good, you can also use it as an altimeter with ±1 meter accuracy.
The BME280 is the next-generation of sensors from Bosch, and is the upgrade to the BMP085/BMP180/BMP183 - with a low altitude noise of 0.25m and the same fast conversion time. It has the same specifications but can use either I2C or SPI. For simple easy wiring, go with I2C. If you want to connect a bunch of sensors without worrying about I2C address collisions, go with SPI.
- Context awareness, e.g. skin detection, room change detection
- Fitness monitoring/well-being
- Warning regarding dryness or high temperatures Measurement of volume and airflow
- Home automation control
- Control heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC)
- Internet of things
- GPS enhancement (e.g. time-to-first-fix improvement,dead reckoning, slope detection)
- Indoor navigation (change of floor detection, elevator detection)
- Outdoor navigation, leisure and
- Weather forecast
- Sports applications
- 1 x BME 280 Temperature Sensor Module
|Operating Voltage||1.71V to 3.6V|
|Operating Temperature||-40 to +85 deg. Celsius|
|Operating Pressure||300 hPa to 1100 hPa|
|Drimensions||2 x 2 x 1 cms|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does the BME280 sensor work?
- The BME280 sensor module measures barometric pressure, temperature, and humidity. Because pressure varies with altitude, you can estimate altitude as well. This sensor module is available in a variety of configurations. To communicate with a microcontroller, the BME280 sensor employs the I2C or SPI communication protocols.
2. What is the difference between BME280 and BMP280?
- The BMP280 measures only temperature and air pressure, whereas the BME280 measures humidity in addition to temperature and air pressure. Because of this distinction, BMP280 is significantly less expensive than BME280.
3. How do I use my Raspberry Pi with BME280?
- To connect a Raspberry Pi with BME280 follow the following steps:
- Connect the Raspberry Pi 3.3V power pin to Vin.
- Connect the Raspberry Pi GND pin to GND.
- Connect the Pi SDA pin to the BME280 SDI.
- Connect the Pi SCL pin to the BME280 SCK.
4. What is BMP280?
- The BMP280 is an absolute barometric pressure sensor designed specifically for mobile applications. The sensor module is housed in a very small package. Because of its small size and low power consumption, it can be used in battery-powered devices such as mobile phones, GPS modules, and watches.
5. What is the difference between BMP180 and BMP280?
- The BME280 and BMP180 are barometric sensors, which read the pressure in the atmosphere. The BME280 also has a temperature and humidity sensor, while the BMP180 only has a temperature sensor. These sensors can also be used to estimate altitude because pressure changes with altitude.