- 1N4007 is a member of the 1N400x series, which is a family of popular 1 A general-purpose silicon rectifier diodes.
- The blocking voltage of the series varies according to diode number, 1N4007 denotes 1000 volts.
- It is commonly used in AC Adapters, which is used in common household appliances.
- A general-purpose diode is a two-terminal semiconductor device. It allows current to pass only in one direction, from its anode to cathode.
1N4007 Diode - (Pack of 10)
1N4007 is a PN junction rectifier diode. These types of diodes allow only the flow of electrical current in one direction only. So, it can be used for the conversion of AC power to DC.
1N 4007 is electrically compatible with other rectifier diodes and can be used instead of any of the diodes belonging to the 1N400X series. 1N-4007 has different real-life applications e.g. freewheeling diodes applications, general-purpose rectification of power supplies, inverters, converters, etc.
Applications of 1N4007 Diode
- For switching purposes in Embedded systems.
- General-purpose rectification of power supplies.
- To avoid reverse current & protect Microcontrollers like Arduino or PIC Microcontroller etc.
- 10 x 1N4007 Diode
|Forward continuous current||1A|
|Surge forward current||50A|
|Max peak reverse voltage||1000V|
|Dimensions||2.5 x 50mm|