Found a better price?
Let us know!
AC230V 25W Soldering Iron
If you are a student or hobbyist and looking for an excellent general-purpose Soldering Iron, this 25-watt soldron Soldering Iron is perfect. Even we have been using this Solder Gun from the start and it is the best that you can get at this price range. Fast heating capacity(Attains full operating temperature within seconds) maintains a stable temperature and delivers high temperature at the tip minimizing the heat leakage.
- PCB assembly & repair
- Electricals soldering
- Textile cutting
- 1 x 25W Soldering Iron
|Operating Voltage||230 VAC|
|Bit Type||Chisel 25W Rated|
|Dimensions||11 x 9 x 5cms|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a soldering iron used for?
- A soldering iron is a hand tool used to heat solder at high temperatures above the melting point of the metal alloy, usually from an electrical supply. This allows solder to flow between the workpieces that need to be joined.
2. Is 25-watt soldering iron good for soldering large piece of metal?
- 25W is sufficient for most PCB soldering. If you hold the iron on for more than a second, you'll melt the traces off the circuit board. A 15W iron would be ideal for very small-scale work (such as SMT). Unless you're soldering something to a large piece of metal, 25W is plenty.
3. What's the difference between a soldering iron and a soldering gun?
- A soldering gun, which is shaped like a pistol and is operated with one hand, is used to join metal surfaces. A soldering iron is a wand-shaped tool with a heated metal tip that is used to join two pieces of metal.
4. What kind of metal can be soldered?
- Gold, silver, copper, brass, and iron are all solderable metals. When it solidifies, it bonds to and joins the metal parts. The bond is not as strong as that of a brazed or welded joint.