DHT11 Temperature Sensor Module
The DHT11 Temperature Sensor Module is capable of sensing both temperatures as well as humidity. This makes it ideal for projects as well as automation. The board is also equipped with high-performance 8-Bit microcontroller which is connected to the DHT11 sensor module. The output of the DHT11 is in the form of a digital signal on a single data pin. The sensing update frequency is to be measured at every 2sec (0.5Hz). DHT11 can be interface with any microcontroller like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc.
This module integrates the DHT11 sensor and other required components on a small PCB. The DHT11 sensor includes a resistive-type humidity measurement component, an NTC temperature measurement component, and a high-performance 8-bit microcontroller inside, and provides calibrated digital signal output. It has high reliability and excellent long-term stability, thanks to the exclusive digital signal acquisition technique and temperature & humidity sensing technology.
- Pin 1: Power +Ve (3.3VDC to 5.5VDC Max wrt. GND)
- Pin 2: Serial Data Output
- Pin 3: Power Ground or Power –Ve
- Measure temperature and humidity
- Local Weather station
- Automatic climate control
- Environment monitoring
- 1 x DHT11 Temperature Sensor Module
|Humidity measuring range||20%~90%RH|
|Temperature measuring range||0~+50degree|
|Humidity measurement accuracy||±5.0%RH|
|Temperature measurement accuracy||±2.0degree|
|Dimensions||3 x 3 x 1cms|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is DHT11?
- The DHT11 is a commonly used Temperature and humidity sensor that comes with a dedicated NTC to measure temperature and an 8-bit microcontroller to output the values of temperature and humidity as serial data.
2. What is difference between DHT11 Sensor and Module?
- The DHT11 sensor can either be purchased as a sensor or as a module. Either way, the performance of the sensor is same. The sensor will come as a 4-pin package out of which only three pins will be used whereas the module will come with three pins as shown above.
The only difference between the sensor and module is that the module will have a filtering capacitor and pull-up resistor inbuilt, and for the sensor, you have to use them externally if required.
3. What is the working principle of DHT11 Sensor?
- DHT11 sensor consists of a capacitive humidity sensing element and a thermistor for sensing temperature. The humidity sensing capacitor has two electrodes with a moisture holding substrate as a dielectric between them. Change in the capacitance value occurs with the change in humidity levels. The IC measure, process this changed resistance values and change them into digital form.
For measuring temperature this sensor uses a Negative Temperature coefficient thermistor, which causes a decrease in its resistance value with increase in temperature. To get larger resistance value even for the smallest change in temperature, this sensor is usually made up of semiconductor ceramics or polymers.
The temperature range of DHT11 is from 0 to 50 degree Celsius with a 2-degree accuracy. Humidity range of this sensor is from 20 to 80% with 5% accuracy. The sampling rate of this sensor is 1Hz .i.e. it gives one reading for every second. DHT11 is small in size with operating voltage from 3 to 5 volts. The maximum current used while measuring is 2.5mA.
DHT11 sensor has four pins- VCC, GND, Data Pin and a not connected pin. A pull-up resistor of 5k to 10k ohms is provided for communication between sensor and micro-controller