4x4 Membrane Keypad
This 4×4 Membrane is a high-quality soft-touch feeling button keypad with 100 million life-stroke lifespans and good resistance to environmental conditions. This 4×4 Membrane Keypad is a high-quality product at a very low cost for your application needs.
This 16-button keypad provides a useful human interface component for microcontroller projects. Convenient adhesive backing provides a simple way to mount the keypad in a variety of applications.
The Keypad 4×4 features a total of 16 buttons in Matrix form. This is a membrane keypad with no moving parts. A female 8-pin berg connector is require for interfacing it with your microcontroller circuits.
- 1 x 4x4 Membrane Keypad
|Keypad Matrix||4x4 Keypad Matrix|
|Operating Voltage||12V (DC)|
|Dimensions||7.9 x 6.9 x 1cms|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is matrix keypad?
- A matrix keyboard is the type of keyboard found on many devices such as gas pumps and calculators. A matrix keyboard that can be connected to a breadboard is also great for prototyping and inventions where you need to enter things like code, time or other values.
2. How do membrane keypads work?
- A microcontroller can sense when the lines that are pressed in the keypad. In the keyboard library, the propeller sets all columns to input and all rows to input. Then select the row and set it high. Then it checks the rows of the columns one by one. If the column connection remains low, the button for that row has not been pressed. When it goes high, the microcontroller knows which row (set high) and which column (check was detected as high).
3. What is 4X4 membrane keypad?
- The 4x4 matrix membrane keyboard provides an easy interface to embedded systems such as Arduino. The 4x4 keyboard has a total of 16 keys arranged in a matrix and is made of a thin, flexible membrane material with an adhesive backing (just peel off the paper) so it can be attached to almost anything. You can install it though.