- This pH Sensor is a scientific instrument used to indicate whether a solution is acidic or alkaline in nature.
- The sensor kit can detect the pH levels between 0 and 14pH.
- This pH sensor kit can be used in testing the nature of the soil and water quality.
- The sensor kit comes with a pH probe and sensor board, the latter of which is used for signal conditioning the pH probe output to between 0-5V.
PH Sensor Kit
This pH Sensor is a scientific instrument used to measure the hydrogen ion activity in water-based solutions. The sensor kit comes with a pH probe and sensor board, the latter of which is used for signal conditioning the pH probe output to between 0-5V. The pH probe is capable of detecting pH levels between 1 to 14. A typical pH sensor consists of two electrodes called glass electrode and a reference electrode.
How to calibrate the pH sensor?
The pH sensor can be calibrated by shorting the Vin and GND terminals at the probe side, thereby emulating a signal of pH 7. The onboard potentiometer near the BMC probe connector can then be adjusted to give an output of 2.5V between the Po and GND pin. Alternatively, you can also use analogRead() on the Arduino to calibrate it to 2.5V. For detailed instructions, please check out our pH sensor blog linked below.
Few guidelines to use the sensor properly
- Make sure the sensor is properly calibrated.
- Make sure the probe is dipped in deionised distilled water after each reading for at least a minute.
- Make sure the sensor is given at least a few minutes to settle down in it's reading after dipping it in a solution.
Here is the link to the PH Sensor Blog for a detailed explanation.
PH Probe Sensor Pinout
- TO – Temperature output
- DO – 3.3V Output (from ph limit pot)
- PO – PH analog output ==> Arduino A0
- Gnd – Gnd for PH probe (can come from Arduino GND pin) ==> Arduino GND
- Gnd – Gnd for the board (can also come from Arduino GND pin) ==> Arduino GND
- VCC – 5V DC (can come from Arduino 5V pin) ==> Arduino 5V pin
- POT 1 – Analog reading offset (Nearest to BNC connector)
- POT 2 – PH limit setting
- pH Probe
- pH sensor board
|Heating voltage||5±0.2V (AC -• DC)|
|The detection concentration range||PH0-14|
|The detection range of temperature||
42mm x 32mm x 20mm
What is the use of pH sensor?
A pH sensor helps to measure the acidity or alkalinity of the water with a value between 0-14. When the pH value dips below seven, the water starts to become more acidic.
- Inventor's KitRs 1,817.20 Rs 1,540.00
- Raspberry Pi Zero KitSpecial Price Rs 2,515.76 Rs 2,132.00 was Rs 3,773.64
- Raspberry Pi IOT KitSpecial Price Rs 5,015.00 Rs 4,250.00 was Rs 5,380.80
- JMK Mini Wireless CCTV CameraRs 2,466.20 Rs 2,090.00
- 37 in 1 Sensors Kit for ArduinoSpecial Price Rs 1,551.70 Rs 1,315.00 was Rs 2,328.14
- PICKit 3.5 ProgrammerSpecial Price Rs 2,076.80 Rs 1,760.00 was Rs 3,115.20
- CNC Shield + UNO R3 Board compatible with Arduino + 4xDRV8825 Driver KitRs 885.00 Rs 750.00
- HF550 HJ550 6-Axis DJI Hexacopter Frame Airframe kit, Integrated PCB Wiring for DJI, KK, MK, MWCSpecial Price Rs 1,989.48 Rs 1,686.00 was Rs 3,941.20
- Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 LT (Lite) Development BoardRs 3,127.00 Rs 2,650.00
- UNO DIY Line Follower Kit compatible with ArduinoRs 1,770.00 Rs 1,500.00
- Raspberry Pi Google Voice KitRs 4,901.72 Rs 4,154.00
- Xbee KitRs 2,712.82 Rs 2,299.00