- This pH Sensor is a scientific instrument used to indicate whether a solution is acidic or alkaline in nature.
- The sensor kit can detect the pH levels between 0 and 14pH.
- This pH sensor kit can be used in testing the nature of the soil and water quality.
- The sensor kit comes with a pH probe and sensor board, the latter of which is used for signal conditioning the pH probe output to between 0-5V.
PH Sensor Kit
This pH Sensor is a scientific instrument used to measure the hydrogen ion activity in water-based solutions. The sensor kit comes with a pH probe and sensor board, the latter of which is used for signal conditioning the pH probe output to between 0-5V. The pH probe is capable of detecting pH levels between 1 to 14. A typical pH sensor consists of two electrodes called glass electrode and a reference electrode.
How to calibrate the pH meter?
You calibrate a pH meter by dipping it into standard buffer solutions (test solutions of known pH) and adjust the meter accordingly. It should always be dipped in de-ionized water after each use, this keeps the measurements precise.
PH Probe Sensor Pinout
- TO – Temperature output
- DO – 3.3V Output (from ph limit pot)
- PO – PH analog output ==> Arduino A0
- Gnd – Gnd for PH probe (can come from Arduino GND pin) ==> Arduino GND
- Gnd – Gnd for board (can also come from Arduino GND pin) ==> Arduino GND
- VCC – 5V DC (can come from Arduino 5V pin) ==> Arduino 5V pin
- POT 1 – Analog reading offset (Nearest to BNC connector)
- POT 2 – PH limit setting
- pH Probe
- pH sensor board
|Heating voltage||5±0.2V (AC -• DC)|
|The detection concentration range||PH0-14|
|The detection range of temperature||
42mm x 32mm x 20mm
What is the use of pH sensor?
A pH sensor helps to measure the acidity or alkalinity of the water with a value between 0-14. When the pH value dips below seven, the water starts to become more acidic.