- The LCD Keypad shield is developed for boards compatible with arduino to provide a user-friendly interface that allows users to go through the menu, make selections etc.
- It consists of a 1602 white character blue backlight LCD.
- The keypad consists of 6 keys select, up, right, down, left and reset.
- To save the digital IO pins, the keypad interface only uses one ADC channel.
- The key value is read out through a 5 stage voltage divider.
LCD Keypad Shield compatible with Arduino
The LCD keypad shield is suited for UNO board and Leonardo Board compatible with Arduino. The blue LCD Keypad Shield is sometimes called navigation shield because it comes with 6 momentary push buttons for menu navigation. Besides the push button, it also includes a 2×16 LCD.
This is a very popular LCD Keypad shield compatible with Arduino and other variants. It includes a 2×16 LCD display and 6 momentary push buttons. Pins 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are used to interface with the LCD. The onboard LED indicates power on.
The 16 x 2 LCD shield is a great solution for embedded systems engineer who want to use a LCD module while plugged onto theor arduino. The 16 x 2 LCD module has a great design and is uder friendly. It easily lets you keep connecting sensors to the rest of the pins, and use it for monitoring or menu selection with the push buttons even for gaming.
Why is the 16 x 2 LCD Keypad shield necessary?
As an embedded systems engineer, if you are planning to build a project which is not attached to a computer and you need to check what is going on when you place it on position, this addition will prove very valuable to make sure the program is running well.
- 1 x 16 x 2 LCD Kepad Shield
- Dimension: 7 x 2 x 1cms
- Weight: 15 grams
|Analog 0||Buttons (select, up, right, down and left)|
|Digital 8||RS (Data or Signal Display Selection)|
How is the LCD eypad shield differnt from other arduino shields?
The LCD keypad shield has a small and compact design and features a clever little combination of a 2 lines / 16 characters LCD display and 5 buttons, that snap on top of an AUNO board compatible with arduino, and makes for a nice little development platform.