- The APM 2.8 flight controller is equipped with a 3 axis yro, accelerometer along with a high-performance barometer and an onboard 4 MP Dataflash chip for automatic data logging.
- The APM flight controller provides full data logging for comprehensive post-mission analysis, with graphing and Google Earth mapping tools.
- The APM 2.8 flight controller features Data transceivers which allows real-time telemetry and control between your ground station computer and APM.
- This flight controller for ardupilot drones has a built in compass and an option to connect an external compass with a jumper wire.
APM 2.8 Flight Controller
The APM 2.8 flight controller is an upgraded version of the APM 2.6 flight controller. This flight controller now has the option of using a built in compass or connect an external compass via jumper wires. The APM2.8 flight controller is a great flight controller board that can be best used along wth DIY quadcopters, drones, helicopters and other UAV's.
This APM 2.8 flight controller for quadcopters and drones features a fail safe programming option that helps drone enthusiasts ease their problems at the time of crash, low battery or lost control signal. The new I2C interface of the APM 2.8 flight controller is a MUX interface which will help user to configure other interfaces like UARTO, UART2, I2C, OSD, default OSD interface.
The APM flight controller is best known for it's complete open source autopilot system. The APM 2.8 flight controller is the best selling technology and is recommended by UAV and Drone experts. It even won the Outback Challenge UAV competition. The speciality of the APM 2.8 flight controller is that it will help users turn any fixed, rotary-wing into a fully autonomous UAV system. Advanced drone users will find endless options for customization and expanded mission capabilities.
Features of the APM 2.8 Flight Controller Software
- By using Google Maps you can point and click waypoint entry.
- You can select your mission commands with a simple drop down menu.
- Mission log files can be downloaded and analyzed.
- You can configure the settings of the APM controller to your airframe.
- You can create a in loop UAV simulator by interfacing your PC PC flight simulator.
- You also have the option of viewing the output from APM’s serial terminal.
- 1 x APM 2.8 Flight Controller
Features of APM 2.8 Flight Controller Board
|Model||APM 2.8 Flight Controller Board|
|Input Voltage||12-16 V|
|Processor||ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2|
|Micro SD card slot||No|
|Dimensions||70 x 45 x 15mm|
Is ArduPilot a flight controller?
ArduPilot is an open source, unmanned vehicle Autopilot Software Suite, capable of controlling autonomous: Multirotor drones. Fixed-wing and VTOL aircraft. Helicopters.